Website and Forums

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Tembest

Re: A Proposed Plan

Post by Tembest »

Fine, a bad choice of words which origins from SS naturally as for the 16 years I've played the game all people talk about is power.
I'll rephrase myself: Anyhow, I don't know in which world do people give out information first and then see if the person is trustworthy?
Information is only shared with two types: The people we trust or the people we can sue in case of abuse or leakage.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

A lack of trust stems from fear, so what exactly are you afraid of? What Will I do?

Are you afraid of the unknown? Then get to know me.

Fear exists from knowing what you lack in yourself. I am not scared of telling you my name, or ip address. Because I know I can handle anything that happens. I am not lacking. What exactly are you guys lacking within yourself that makes you unable to trust?

Sure community input is great, things about the zone are debatable. Things about ME, are not, I know myself better than you and declare myself an expert on the subject. Thanks. And I ABSOLUTELY positively know that I don't care about anyone's information.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

falconeer wrote:A lack of trust stems from fear, so what exactly are you afraid of? What Will I do?

Are you afraid of the unknown? Then get to know me.

Fear exists from knowing what you lack in yourself. I am not scared of telling you my name, or ip address. Because I know I can handle anything that happens. I am not lacking. What exactly are you guys lacking within yourself that make you unable to trust?
Well, I am not interested in asking the users of these forums for this reason. As I said, I do not care. I never have anything useful at
all available online so I couldn't care less if you got your hands to my information. Perhaps the 'fear' is of you to delete the forums, or
do something otherwise very stupid. I don't know really. I do not think you would be stupid enough to try to damage something so
invaluable and earn yourself a ban for basically nothing. It's up to you to change how people think about you, and then come back to
me with a request for full access.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Falconeer, I will grant you a limited admin access in a minute that should be sufficient to add a new template.
Do not make any alterations 'Default'. As I said, we can discuss other features, such as the number of Sub forums and consider how
many could be useful.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

falconeer wrote:In fact its pretty obvious and clear that you came on here, thought you would be smart, and got caught totally off guard with the unexpected because you're a moron. You were done in by your own actions.
Well I could have sent the mods a private message, but I didn't save the logs. I needed your admission about making fun of my name in a public chat, and your pledge to publish my information after I told you not to. I was prepared for you to say plenty more actually.
You never took the link down back then, and 1 week later I made a joke about your name in subspace, TO YOU. It's not even a bad joke, it wasn't even to offend you. It was poking fun at names, a word game, ie a ballerina. There is nothing harmful about ballerinas.
First, you didn't make the joke back in January; it was less than 2 months ago (approximately 1 month ago). Second, you didn't say it privately to me, you said it in the public dsb chat (?chat=dsb). I think I displayed a lot of patience by not responding to it, or changing my attitude towards you. But I don't forget it, and when you were trying to defend yourself against Temb, it seemed worth mentioning.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Falc you now have access to edit Styles. Don't make any changes to subsilver or prosilver as they are the basic themes.
However, feel free to create a new template as long as you don't make it Default before we have asked the users for their opinion.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

falconeer wrote:Sever is not a majority, and he's a moron. I already have his information apparently. And regardless people are stupid. A little firm hand is required in this zone, to get it on the right track again, otherwise you guys will go in circles ALWAYS doing the wrong thing.
Aww :( I actually liked the world sports and "if only I had a brain" subforums lol.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Jim, i said "to you", not "privately to you". Please try and take what I type literally, and not assume other meanings. I was talking to you when I made the joke. I wasn't saying it to other people. Though it was in a public chat.

There is no reason I would deny making the joke. I never admitted to saying I'd post your information, because I never did say that. I said I'd this "meaning the conversation". I remember making the joke. But It couldn't have been a month ago. My memory isn't that bad. It must have been before August when I was still banned. A month ago I couldn't even recall your real name, all I remembered was you go by Sever, or Jim the Chin. The only reason I can recall your name now is because I checked my e-mail for it, like today. Back then the last time we talked was on Jan 6th to March 6th. And It was likely sometime then that I made the joke. I don't get how I would have made the joke a month ago. I've been too busy. I remember making Eridus mom joke a month ago. Not the ballerina joke.

Tembest, I'll check it out tomorrow evening. Gonna sleep now.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

falconeer wrote:Jim, i said "to you", not "privately to you". Please try and take what I type literally, and not assume other meanings. I was talking to you when I made the joke. I wasn't saying it to other people. Though it was in a public chat.
You weren't even talking to me at the time. There was no conversation that came before it. You just said my real name in a public chat and made fun of it. It was completely out of the blue. I don't think I'd spoken to you for several weeks beforehand.

The intent must have been to troll me about my name. I took your trolling with a pinch of salt because I knew it's the sort of thing you do. However, what it did is show me you can't be trusted with personal details. I thought this needed to be said, given your desire to take over the forums (which would give you access to everyone's info).

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Actually as a player I have no responsibility to keep things private. This is a personal matter between you and me. If I was admin of a forum, where data is expected to be private, it would remain so. I've no reason to blurt peoples info out, and every reason to keep it private, since for one its private to begin with. Also considering the extent I'm trying to defend this point, I obviously wouldn't hack the forum, take it down, blurt out info, because I am trying to show you guys you are wrong. Doing all of those things would just be detrimental to my cause and to myself. Sever your free to think what you want, but you don't know me. I am the expert on myself not you. Drop it.