Website and Forums

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

falconeer

Re: Website and Forums

Post by falconeer »

Like snake said. Like I said more like it. Or more accurately like 30 people said to the wall or thin air.

Anyway none of this matters if the rating system isn't even good to begin with. WinR shouln't even exist. A rating for wins and losses? Can you just display wins and losses and screw the rating? There is no such thing as rating 1 player when it was a team win morons. Wins and losses should be a stat just like bell flags are. Except it should have nothing to do with any rating system. It's just cool information to see. Bell flags on the other hand WOULD be tied into a rating system. What does POWR stand for? And how is it calculated? Performance against the other team? Fail. This still doesn't account for skill. Skill is how well you preform compared to your own team. As well to some extent vs. the other team. 25-35 with 20 BF, should get me a high rating, if my team was 10-40 and 5 bell flags. Though not as high if I had 25-22, and more bell flags. Basically losing has nothing to do with lack of skill. I am not a mathematician, but you need to calculate this better.

Wins and losses only matter for squads in a league. And we don't need a bot to calculate that for us. And it doesn't need a rating applied to it still. All we need to see are the wins and losses. Not some WINR imaginary value.

Whole reason i was banned 1 year was because I bitched about this rating system from day one. The second it was up, I said wtf is WINR, and POWR.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

falconeer wrote:Like snake said. Like I said more like it. Or more accurately like 30 people said to the wall or thin air.

Anyway none of this matters if the rating system isn't even good to begin with. WinR shouln't even exist. A rating for wins and losses? Can you just display wins and losses and screw the rating? There is no such thing as rating 1 player when it was a team win morons. Wins and losses should be a stat just like bell flags are. Except it should have nothing to do with any rating system. It's just cool information to see. Bell flags on the other hand WOULD be tied into a rating system. What does POWR stand for? And how is it calculated? Performance against the other team? Fail. This still doesn't account for skill. Skill is how well you preform compared to your own team. As well to some extent vs. the other team. 25-35 with 20 BF, should get me a high rating, if my team was 10-40 and 5 bell flags. Though not as high if I had 25-22, and more bell flags. Basically losing has nothing to do with lack of skill. I am not a mathematician, but you need to calculate this better.

Wins and losses only matter for squads in a league. And we don't need a bot to calculate that for us. And it doesn't need a rating applied to it still. All we need to see are the wins and losses. Not some WINR imaginary value.

Whole reason i was banned 1 year was because I bitched about this rating system from day one. The second it was up, I said wtf is WINR, and POWR.
You should actually play a few pracs before commenting on the prac bot. If you're against a stacked team and you lose, you usually don't lose any points. Often you actually gain points.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Delic

Post by Delic »

i can't believe wisdom is still around here in the shape of a snake and an emo brit!! jhehehe

snake delic sever 4 dsb upper staff!!

falc 4 dev-slave!!

woohoo!!

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

I played, and I don't keep track of my rating. I'm asking how POWR works, thats the best way to find out how it works. As opposed to practicing and guessing. It doesn't matter if we gain points if they are calculated wrong.

"What does POWR stand for? And how is it calculated?"

Sure delic we can do that arrangement. We'll see how long you guys can last with me as a slave. My Tenacity is far greater than yours.

P.S Did you manage to get that ex girlfriend of yours back after 5 years of being ignored?

Delic

Post by Delic »

with "dev slave" I mean a solid developer who'd be truly cherished and appreciated in the right way.
his position as a dsb developer would bring honor back to that position.
so much so, that he'd have to occupy it until he resigns, because there would be no promotion worthy enough.
no promotion would be able to elevate you higher than you'd already be.

and not sure what you just made up. women don't ignore me, but even if they did, I wouldn't waste my time trying to "get them back". nope. not with all the fine women around here :) :) :)

the_real_the_snake

Post by the_real_the_snake »

you should actually ask anyone who pracs for the last couple of months if they know they even have a rating :/

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Well for starters... There are two ways to give the rankings ANY meaning at all...

1. Do not allow smurfs to play in the rated pracs. Register one nick per ID/IP.
2. Make the rating 100 % based on performance in that prac. Do not take into account the players' previous ratings.

Option nr 1 is probably easier.

Everything else is secondary.

To falc, feel free to create a new system but it's not so easy... In your system, someone like you would probably go tube, flag the 8
flags there and sit there all game. Now, your team would be guaranteed to lose, but you would have 8 bell flags every ding, hence in
your system would rate highly against any other player. Not to mention just sitting there in a safe place shooting at the tube making
sure you will not get a bad rec. Guaranteed lost prac while you would probably have the best stats. Do you think that should be
rewarded? Wins and losses must matter. Perhaps it could work the way that you will not be "punished" for a lost prac but winning
pracs will gain you lot of extra points. I don't know. I'm also no mathematician or have time to think about a system.

But Ent's system would not be horrible if smurfs were not allowed to prac.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Tembest wrote:1. Do not allow smurfs to play in the rated pracs. Register one nick per ID/IP.
^This is very much needed.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Detector

Post by Detector »

1. Do not allow smurfs to play in the rated pracs. Register one nick per ID/IP.
Agreed. Example: those haters who decided to take revenge with a smurf nickname on you once they lost in a prac vs you now can't do that, which is excellent. Smurfing has always been retarded/annoying - people ask each other in pm: Who's that? Do you know who that is? Or just say: I know it's you and can't be anyone else. I hope this will be arranged that those smurfers don't have to pretend being champions from other zones and win pracs together, which is also just wrong. This is one of the best solutions to be arranged I think.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Delic wrote:i can't believe wisdom is still around here in the shape of a snake and an emo brit!! jhehehe

snake delic sever 4 dsb upper staff!!

falc 4 dev-slave!!

woohoo!!
Upper staff just means you been around awhile and trust worthy. Doing is more the point, if you guys want to do something i'd be inclined to assist.