Website and Forums

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Tembest

Re: Website and Forums

Post by Tembest »

Falc, I've watched you play only in one league and that was with one of your horrible squads, and I remember that you just sat in
tube all game, and after that praised how well you did because you only barely negged and had about 4 bf's compared to your team's
1-10000000000 and 0 bf's. That's where I base my words. Perhaps it isn't fair based on only one league but anyhow...

Oh and Ent, he stopped by because I asked him to...
Don't count on him doing something, he has far more important things to do, and he is not by any means trying to hold on to any
position but would rather give it away if he only knew to whom. He started a thread about it already more than a year ago but no
suitable candidates were really found...

And Fly, ASSS should be priority number one. I cannot understand why do we want to test things out here first in an almost dead zone.
Move to ASSS and we finally may get some coders - they don't want to do double work.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Never happened. I held rear east a few times because the squad wasn't good. It's called a tactic. It's not my style of play. I never want to do that. It means I actually sacrificed my skills to try and get the team some bell flags, and to reduce their own deaths. It had nothing to do with my deaths. I can spar with makron and vanish and barely neg. They aren't hard to kill or anything. Maybe in a duel box they are, but in the deathstar they have no clear cut advantage in killing ability. Funny thing is like I said that never worked, the team couldn't hold rear east. The second I died, they would lose it. We couldn't even maintain an 8 bell flag average. It was more like 5 bell flags east per a ding. Or less. Your not proving much of anything except that you can make shit up.

No ent didn't stop by because you asked him too. He stopped by because Liito has been e-mailing him. At any rate, I find it hard to believe that morons have been e-mailing him for 8 months and he doesn't show. And 1 call from tembest and entropy suddenly checks his e-mail and shows up. Keep dreaming up stories. Thanks I knew about the other thread. I can read.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

He's a friend of mine you idiot...
I wouldn't know whether he replies to email as I have probably never emailed him.
Now he dropped by because I asked him to grant the forums ownership to me, but it seems out I don't need it for almost anything.

So, how about you for once quit making assumptions?

As Ent said himself, he will happily grant any powers required and teach people to do stuff if that is required. He just does not have the
required for the zone anymore. It is not up to him who will eventually take over DSB. Nor is it his fault he is still the head; he offered
to give the position away a long time ago...

Oh and when it comes to the forums, as Ent said in his post, uploading a template is a little trickier than expected, so feel free to create
a template and one of us will upload it for you. Once the template is ready, I'll give you access to edit Styles so you can start
perfecting it.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Tembest wrote: And Fly, ASSS should be priority number one. I cannot understand why do we want to test things out here first in an almost dead zone.
Move to ASSS and we finally may get some coders - they don't want to do double work.
Yea, i dont want double work either, but this bot is 20-40 hours work and a move to asss with all involved is 100's of hours and only me to do it. Not sure and dont think our bots will work on asss as other seem to think, so prac, league, bab, and pub bots all need rewritten not to mention a bunch of utility bot functions, basically the whole zone will need rewritten.. And those mystery developers that will come only after the move is done.. uhh, yeah whatever..

-Fly

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Yeah you could have called ent all this time then, and just let the zone rot for 8 months instead. Good to know. Which means again you called him because I bitched about something.

And I'm not assuming anything. It's your word against mine until Entropy verifies what you are saying it means little. I know for a fact he was having a dialogue with Liito. And that happened because I started yelling around here.

Rewrite a good practice bot into an ASSS module, and you have your league done too. All other bots can come after the move to ASSS. Nothing else in the zone is used besides the practice bot.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

falconeer wrote:Yeah you could have called ent all this time then, and just let the zone rot for 8 months instead. Good to know. Which means again you called him because I bitched about something.
I approached him because you said you would like to Dev forums and I thought my access was not enough to help you, and he
was literally the only person who could do anything about it.

And yes, I could have harassed him all this time about him having to do something but I don't want to mix real life connections with a
game unless it's the very last option to get something done. I would treat everyone the same way; never abuse personal relationships.

If you think I should have been harassing Ent, feel free to think so, but I make my own calls and could not care less how you think of me.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Anyway, if you were friends, just talking to him about DSB wouldn't really be harassment.

I didn't know you know him in real life. Either way it's like you said, he can't stay long, so we will still have all these problems.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Hopefully problems we have will be resolved soon. It bugs me I don't really have any time to help or focus on this right now.
But I'm positive Ent will either remain active for the time being or alternatively give access to other people, such as Fly.

Entr0py

Post by Entr0py »

For the record, I stopped in to try and help Temb with the templates because he asked for help :)

I stuck around longer to try and clean up issues with the bot/website and help train Beer/Eridu/others on how to use it more effectively.

Fly/Beer/Eridu have had equal access to me for the past 8 months. The issue is not a lack of access for them, or an unwillingness on my part to grant it, if I've overlooked granting something they need.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Time is an issue for everyone..

The best way to solve it is to divide the time among a lot of people. We can still have one person in charge, or a few people overlooking things. But more access and freedom needs to be given. If someone wants a dev arena give it to them. Don't hold a council, and vote on it. Which is what beer said he had to do to give me an arena. I want to dev, I'm volunteering my free time, me wanting to dev, is the vote! You don't need to hold a meeting and have everyone agree, this isn't the right approach. Especially when the people you'd meet with take 1 week to all be online at the same time. If someone wants access to upload files so they can code a module or a bot, let them have it. We can't have developers relying on other people to get their work done. Precisely because other people might be busy when you are not. So you'll have free time and you'll be waiting for something to happen because someone else is busy. And by the time they get around to it, you'll be too busy to bother or will have lost your motivation. You know giving access might be an issue if you met the person yesterday, but most of us have been in DSB for 15 years. And we all have one thing in common, which is we love the zone, and want to see it succeed. There might be individual dislikes, or issues, but no one is out to harm the zone. So we just need to build a dev team, and get more people who want to help out, that way even if we all have lives or are busy, someone somewhere will get something done and gradually things will improve.