My name was floortap and i used to love this zone. Goodbye.

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

floortap

My name was floortap and i used to love this zone. Goodbye.

Post by floortap »

Hey guys

I've come to terms with the fact that I will probably never play DSB again. Sad day for me, though I realize that a fuckton of better players than me have gone the way of the tumbleweed in the past few years. So it's been sad days for quite some time now.

I'm having errors like this one: http://www.subspace.co/topic/21930-adva ... roducible/ and the zone is substantially dead, anyway, except for some slight action on Sundays (haven't been on in a while but that's how it was a month or so ago).

I know I pissed off a lot of people, but I also made some good friends. Good luck to you all, and if you ever feel sad about the death of DSB, just look to a stranger's eye or to the night sky... we are still here, all around you. Dreaming of warbirds and better days.

Peace out, brothers. It was fun. I'll never forget you guys.

:cry:

Fly Swatter

Re: My name was floortap and i used to love this zone. Good

Post by Fly Swatter »

Should we just welcome you back now in advanced? :roll:

Detector

Post by Detector »

All the changes in DSB has gone downhill in player amount from what I've seen. I suggested some months ago to add buyable multifire to pub and everything else, but No No you DSB STAFF wont do anything to that. However now it is too late to do those changes I requested in another topic long time ago here, since DSB wont get new players to the zone in lack of players in a whole. I did enjoy those superships and active DSB public many years ago when pub was still active, it must have been since the last time pub was active with 60+ players.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Most every item is available to buy, and has been for the last year. Those who actually play pub tell me they like the way the prizes system is now.

-Fly

Detector

Post by Detector »

I havent seen multifire to be buyable on the list for a long time. Its one of the best items too.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

I should have provided better info in the F2 help menu, but the zone was %99 dead when i put that bot up, and i was lacking interest myself i guess. I did post info in the post here: http://www.deathstarbattle.com/forums/v ... ?f=2&t=424 on page one.

You have to be on the winning team to get prize tokens, and the payout is based on activity (more players more tokens). You can also get them for spreeing, killing spree'ers, and it never happens but for multikils (5 kills, 5 seconds apart or less). I jumped started this system with a soccer goal that gave out free tokens (removed now), and staff has a command !give that gives every ingame player free tokens "Gifts From Staff". The system is tame compared to earlier systems, you have to work more to get them, unless staff gives them out.

The system works differently, if you dont have a token for a particular item it wont show up on your list, and you can only have a max on 10 per item, its a if you dont use them you lose them sort of thing.

-Fly

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

floortap wrote:Hey guys

I've come to terms with the fact that I will probably never play DSB again. Sad day for me, though I realize that a fuckton of better players than me have gone the way of the tumbleweed in the past few years. So it's been sad days for quite some time now.

I'm having errors like this one: http://www.subspace.co/topic/21930-adva ... roducible/ and the zone is substantially dead, anyway, except for some slight action on Sundays (haven't been on in a while but that's how it was a month or so ago).

I know I pissed off a lot of people, but I also made some good friends. Good luck to you all, and if you ever feel sad about the death of DSB, just look to a stranger's eye or to the night sky... we are still here, all around you. Dreaming of warbirds and better days.

Peace out, brothers. It was fun. I'll never forget you guys.

:cry:
Best of luck.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

I can't remember a time when you wasn't around floortap.

If this is the end, its a sad day :(

Good Luck

Detector

Post by Detector »

- This zone has gone upside down unfortunately in population activity.

- I'm glad that I in the end held the most Duel Tournament Wins in this zone.

- This zone would feel like it was a waste of time playing it if I ever tried it again.

- I'm glad I quit this zone about an year ago.

I did meet a lot of old DSB players I became friends with, but they no longer play this zone like I don't neither. I had a great time with some players in DSB, just to name a few old DSB players I was once friends with when they still played in DSB: exagon, Dark_Spirit, vast majority, JakeInTheBox, mystik, Royale, ShadowVT, Wicked Angel, Dark Rampage, Snake_eye, Karzan..?, Ra, BlaZZin, Serene. These were some players I once knew in the golden days of DeathStarBattle. Golden days, which no more exists it seems.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Detector wrote: - I'm glad I quit this zone about an year ago.
And yet you're still here talking about it. For this whole year, you've come to this forum to tell us you've quit; that the zone is dead; and that you won some precious duel tournament or `flagrace' event years ago. You're sounding like a broken record, and you obviously can't detatch yourself from this zone. Maybe you want someone to plead with you to `come back because we need you'? Well if that will shut you the hell up, please do come back and be a mediocre mercenary player, spasmodically hitting f3 and setting death records in every event that matters. The zone's population has actually increased over the summer. There are regular pracs, and a league is going on with about 5 active squads. Other people are working to reinvent pub with a new concept and bot.

Sever> ?find detector
Not online, last seen 3 hours ago
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.