The Future of DSB

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Tembest

Re: The Future of DSB

Post by Tembest »

I guess the laws are different around the world, or I knew it, but I have no reason to believe you are lying.
As Detector is from Finland, and I know the laws I mentioned apply in Finland (except apparently the Facebook law then? Perhaps it's
only if the Facebook page isn't marked "public", I can't remember really, and do not care enough to look it up.)

Anyway, I know international laws very poorly, and in Finland eg. you cannot record a phone call without both parties knowing about it. I do not know how it really works if a Canadian person publishes a private email from a Finnish person? Does Internet have its own laws
or what? You are still violating the laws of Finland.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

No one can violate finland laws, unless they live in finland/are in finland at the time or they Are finnish citizens.

The internet doesn't have an all encompassing law. If I break a Canadian law I can go to another country. Canada can seek to extradite me. 1. They would have to locate me 2. It costs a lot of money and usually it's never worth it unless you've committed a felony. There are many websites that can't be taken down because they are located in other country's that don't have the same Internet or copyright laws. There are some international laws, and countries can work together. I also think jurisdiction matters. But all in all a text conversation is not the same as recording someones voice without them knowing it. A voice is a more personal thing which belongs more to you than say text on a screen.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

In the end, I guess my point was that stating half of the conversation belongs to you is a little silly, in my opinion.
Thus I am not surprised people lose their trust in you when you publish conversations they are part of without asking for permission.
I am not claiming you are necessarily violating laws or by any means saying that someone would see the trouble to punish you for your
actions. I'm just saying that if eg. Detector or Sever considers something private or even against the law and you insult their privacy or
home countries' laws, you should not be surprised why people have trust issues with you.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

They don't have trust issues, they are just making things up and grabbing at straws to prove their points because they dislike me. It has little to do with trust, or they wouldn't have waited 20 years to bitch about it. And would have been mad the day after I did these atrocities against humanity and privacy and trust and their entitlements. No, instead they choose to speak out now, in public, after I ask to help around here. Which reminds me of rape victims afraid to speak when something bad happend to them. But suddenly these little kids found their courage? I really don't care who has access to DSB. Said many times Beer would be sysop, league coordinator etc. Delic can be sysop, ent and liito can still have access. Just give me the necessary access so we can get some things done around here. Crying because your conversation was posted, or because someone called you a ballerina. rofl

Anyway currently learning dreamweaver, since everyone is a joke. And it's like I said, if you want something done, do it yourself.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

falconeer wrote:They don't have trust issues, they are just making things up and grabbing at straws to prove their points because they dislike me. It has little to do with trust, or they wouldn't have waited 20 years to bitch about it. And would have been mad the day after I did these atrocities against humanity and privacy and trust and their entitlements. No, instead they choose to speak out now, in public, after I ask to help around here. Which reminds me of rape victims afraid to speak when something bad happend to them. But suddenly these little kids found their courage? I really don't care who has access to DSB. Said many times Beer would be sysop, league coordinator etc. Delic can be sysop, ent and liito can still have access. Just give me the necessary access so we can get some things done around here. Crying because your conversation was posted, or because someone called you a ballerina. rofl
I honestly don't give a fuck what you said about me. I actually called it harmless, funny, and ignored it for the past month. The reason I mentioned it recently is because there was talk of you getting access to other people's personal details. If you're happy to look like an idiot by pretending not to know that, and because you'd rather claim we're "crying" in some amateur trolling attempt (be more imaginative), then you really are clueless. Carry on future sysop :lol:
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

If it was a privacy issue, you would have brought this up the day it happened. You are bringing it up now because you dislike me, not because you are worried about privacy. It's so great to see that you can mimic your favorite hero George W. Bush, self righteous asshole, proclaiming you are doing one thing for a good reason when it's really for another bad reason. Hypocrite. It really has nothing to do with accessing private information. I have 30 people registered to my private forums already. As far as I'm concerned that's more than DSBs current population. Unless your counting the 20 bots. So I likely have or had access to everyone's e-mail already, through squads, my forums, or even league.nu. The facts are you guys are upset that I am too honest. Yes, that's right. LIARS, keep the best secrets. I suppose it can be said you can't trust an honest person. I will always be allied to the truth, not to you. Fucking retards telling me that a conversation on steam comes with an expectancy of privacy. You must be joking. Get the fuck out of here morons.

Delic

Post by Delic »

man falconeer, you remind me of myself when I younger, more emotional, and a lot gayer.

you prove it in your response to my post, where you say you wouldn't ban anyone because you know how it feels?

wtf man? ok say ur sysop and a a twister user runs amok in dsb. everyone yelling at you to ban him but you start crying and getting all emotional, and saying "no! he's not going to get banned... I know how it feels...!!"

I don't think dsb needs a sysop like that. dsb needs a sysop who's smart enough to take advantage of someone like that. your fetish for star wars has already produced many good maps.

but with you as sysop we'd probably lose the lovely kool people / star wars nerds balance that dsb has.
with you as sysop, you'd probably make it mandatory for players to answer some nerdy star wars questions before they're able to enter the zone.

with you, we'd only be allowed to chat in klingon or something. you'd ban the use of any other language. not cool man.

falconeer sysop? no thanks!!! I say let your boyish fanaticism flourish in the dev lab, and only if the dev lab is located very very deep down underground, far away from the control room. in fact, closer to earth's core than to the decision-making chair of dsb.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Not true, I'd give people an option between Klingon or Elvish.

I said many times that bans are only for people who cheat. And that there is a rule system in DSB. If a Mod bans without warning first, their bans will be revoked by me. Even if the other person did break a rule. Ie Harassment or racism. If a Mod bans for harassment or racism without using the auto gag system WHICH I told Entropy to create, the ban will be revoked. There is no need to ban anymore because Ent actually listened to one of my ideas. A gag is far worse than a ban. If a person is being mean or trolling me they won't even get gagged, I'll just troll them back. If they are disrupting the community in someway then that's another story. With me as sysop nerds like you will have an outlet to let your rage out, either on the forums like you are doing now. Or within the game itself. And you can feel confident that you won't get gagged or banned.

Bans that are excessive for the rule broken will be revoked. IE 1 month because the person made fun of your mother? Give me a break. That at most deserves a 1 day ban, with a see you tomorrow message attached. But only if you truly are emo like Eridu. Bans made because the person has a "history" will be revoked. A ban should only be on a case by case basis. AND again with spec options and gag options. Bans are no longer needed unless a person is cheating. And trust me you won't get rid of a cheater that knows his stuff very well. You'd likely have to reban and reban. And it becomes a game of persistence. I'd rather see if the guy knows coding and will help us make a bot. Thats because I'm not scared of people online like you guys are.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

falconeer wrote:Anyway currently learning dreamweaver, since everyone is a joke. And it's like I said, if you want something done, do it yourself.
Dreamweaver is a garbage WYSIWYG editor, maybe try HomeSite 5.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Okay thanks I'll check those out fly.