A Proposed Plan

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

falconeer

Re: A Proposed Plan

Post by falconeer »

Thanks for all of that really, but those are things that have to do with me. I'd rather see progress on the zone. I just want stuff to get done in DSB.

You are right beer made the joke, but you initiated some comment about how everyone is bothering you asking questions or something. I wasn't paying attention until Beer made the joke. I didn't save the log.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

I would like to see Fly's plan for pub because I think it could work. Trying to start arguments with each other isn't going to help anyone complete their projects. Perhaps some people join the dev-team because they think it will give their personal projects more validity and recognition. The dev-team could be better defined to avoid people misinterpreting its purpose; though I wouldn't call that a priority either.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

How about you get the module up for this Pub Idea, ON AN ASSS server, and once it's up and functioning properly, and community tested, THEN AND ONLY THEN will I add nice graphics to it. Slowly as I'm not an expert and it takes me more time. IE What you and fly gave me to do IS last priority. You don't need me right now, you need coding to get done right now. Funny how your preaching about priority. My maps are way more important than a new NKZ graphic. And so is the tileset for DSB that I'm trying to work on. You devalue my projects and feel I should just drop them and do whatever you want. But that's because you lack foresight. Also by the time you guys pump out anything concrete I should be done most of my dev projects/while im juggling my school work.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Finished radar view, add left/right north, upper/lower south.

Scoring:

Flag Touch : 1pt
Flag Bells : 10Pts
Kills : 2.5Pts x Flags in play.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Fly Swatter wrote:Finished radar view, add left/right north, upper/lower south.

Scoring:

Flag Touch : 1pt
Flag Bells : 10Pts
Kills : 2.5Pts x Flags in play.

The flag radar looks very nice. I have some questions and recommendations about the scores and scoreboard:

1. Only one player on freq 1 has any flag points. The whole team needs to benefit from flags that are held, or we'll end up with people on the same team fighting to be the first one to touch the flags. Also people won't defend the flags as a team because they'll want the opportunity to touch the flags next time.
2. Are the points for flag touches working properly? 12 flag touches should have given Snuka 12 extra points, right? BTW, it's risky giving points for flag touches because the number can skyrocket if players from opposite teams are sitting on the same flag. You could even get two people conspiring to rack up huge amounts of points this way.
3. I assume that the numbers in brackets after people's names are the frequency they're on? It would be good to identify `Empire' and `Rebel Alliance' in the same way because it's not obvious to newbs which is freq 0/1. You could create a `rank' column that is basically what you already have on the left, then `name', then a `frequency' column to make it clear. After empire and rebel alliance, you could put (TEAM) to make it clear what those are.
4. Death `points' don't need to be on the scoreboard if they don't count to the final score. They'll just confuse people.
5. We have EMP assists on the prac-bot scoreboard. It's a pretty cool stat that would be nice to have on the pub-bot, though it's not essential.

That's all I can think of for now.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Put a space between Assists and everything else on the score sheet.

Sever should stick to making suggestions for the zone your much better at it.

1. Empire
2. Rebel Alliance

1. Player
2. Player
3. Player
4. Player

Makes it look like player 1. Is empire, player 2. Is rebels, and player 3. and 4. are private frequency.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

I know it's a big job for a moderator, but it might be worth putting all the posts that aren't related to Fly Swatter's proposed plan into a separate topic. The discussions about websites and forum access have nothing to do with it (yes I know I contributed to that). The point is that anyone who wants to learn about Fly Swatter's plan is going to have a hard time finding the relevant information. Anyone who wants to help with a website is going to have a similar problem.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

You guys are saying the bottom printout looks better?

The players list on bottom only shows the top 5 players (if you have atleast 5 players). All other players have there stats pm'ed to them, otherwise you would end up with a giant wall of text in a large game.

Added the emp assist, removed death points, added flagtouch to total (not shown here). Bug when 2 players sit on a flag is patched.

Code: Select all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frequency             |Kills|Deaths|Ratio| As: |TKs|FTs|BFs| Avg |Kill  |Flag  | Total |
Player                |     |      |     | EAs |   |   |   | BFs |Points|Points| Points|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: Empire             |0    |0     | 1.00| 0:0 |0  |32 |284| 28.4|     0|  2840|   2840|
2: Rebel Alliance     |0    |0     | 1.00| 0:0 |0  |0  |0  |  0.0|     0|     0|      0|
1: Snuka(0)           |0    |0     | 1.00| 0:0 |0  |32 |284| 28.4|     0|  2840|   2840|

Code: Select all

|                     |Kills|Deaths|Ratio| As: |TKs|FTs|BFs| Avg |Kill  |Flag  | Total |
Frequency             |     |      |     | EAs |   |   |   | BFs |Points|Points| Points|
1: Empire             |0    |0     | 1.00| 0:0 |0  |4  |16 |  3.2|     0|   160|    160|
2: Rebel Alliance     |0    |0     | 1.00| 0:0 |0  |0  |0  |  0.0|     0|     0|      0|
Player                                                                                 |
1: Snuka(0)           |0    |0     | 1.00| 0:0 |0  |4  |16 |  3.2|     0|   160|    160|
Will be adding mvp, most kills, other top player stats etc under printout..

-Fly

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Looking better. Bottom one preferred.

I still think the `empire' and `rebel alliance' tags are confusing. Will newbs understand that empire means frequency 0? At the moment it looks like you're saying Empire is freq 1, and Rebels are freq 2. I know those are supposed to be the team rankings, but would a newb know? An easy fix would be to put (0) after Empire and (1) after Rebel Alliance. Or you could just do a separate column for frequency.

Also, instead of saying "Frequency" at the top like you have, which just adds to the confusion, you could just say "Team Scores". Then instead of "Player", have "Player Scores".

Also, it's worth having a line somewhere to explain who's won, without forcing people to understand the printout. Maybe you plan to put that in anyway, but something like...

"The Empire (frequency 0) has won 2840 - 0. Another game will be starting in one minute."

...could be just after the scores. If newbs don't know how how to press `escape' to see the screen of text, or someone can't be bothered to read through the scores, at least they'd see that at the end of the printout and know who's won.

the_real_the_snake

Post by the_real_the_snake »

Yes, noobs dont know what a frequency is until you explain to them.
there is no offline tutorial anymore :/