Next Head Sysop (Vote)

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

In terms of what is best for DSB, who is the best person to take over as head sysop?

Beer Hunter
36%
Fly Swatter
20%
Delic
8%
Eridu
4%
Falconeer
24%
No change (Keep Liito and Entropy)
4%
Find someone else
4%

Total votes: 25

Tembest

Re: Next Head Sysop (Vote)

Post by Tembest »

Eridu wrote:
Tembest wrote:No offense in any way but if you listened, you would know that 150 pts per kill was set for 6 vs 6 league, not 12 vs 12, hence the pts
you are suggesting are way too low. Then it would be like league 1-7 where kills did not matter in any way and committing a suicide for
flags at ding was wise...
Well can easily be calculated for 12vs12. I do remember it being used for 6vs6, just thought it had stayed the same. Funny though that I already mentioned this in staff chat and "no one" said nothing about 150 not being for 12 vs 12. And 12 vs 12 kills being worth more, so if anyone remembers the amount, post it, because apparently others are "not sure" what it was. If you know it temb, wish you would have posted it. Point is, I can easily figure it out. Just give me the number I need to start with.
Ok umm.. I cannot remember what it was before setting it to 150 for 6vs6 league. However, the 6vs6 league was the first time ever we
received positive feedback on kills importance in relation to flags. I think the number was not fixed before 6vs6 but was based on the
flags held at the time. I cannot remember the exact number but I remember it received much negative feedback from the top players.
All DSB was about at that time was non-stop flagging. It was a good shot anyway. Before that it was fixed but I cannot remember
the value; anyhow way too low as committing a suicide for 2 flags was more than smart. Nobody even half skilled tried to even stay
alive after dings - the key to success was to suicide after each ding to get port and rep again for next ding.

Anyway, you can consider the 150 pts for 6 vs 6 a starting point. Naturally it would be 300 for 12 vs 12. This means two flags are
worth 240 pts. The reason we talk about two flags so often is because that is the very easy number of flags to acquire at ding by
suiciding. So, whatever the kill value you want to start working on should be at minimum 240 for 12 vs 12. For example, even 250 pts
would be a number high enough and it's round ;) Certain people would prefer 300 pts and it definitely encourages people to stay alive
as 300 pts = 2.5 flags.

The exact value is not extremely important as people will just have to learn to play with it as long as its 240-300 (12 vs 12)
Mainly it depends how much we want to value the importance of saving specials for ding, but the kill worth should not under any
circumstances go below 2 flags or above 2.5 flags or we have an unbalanced game where one side of the game (killing/flagging) is
far more important than the other.

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

falconeer wrote:Sk no one ever quit DSB because of me. People get busy, or have things to do in real life. They got bored of SS, or moved on to other games. You really want me to believe that a few lines of text I make will make people rage quit a zone they love? If you quit because I'm sysop, before even waiting to see If I'm doing a good job. Then effectively you are saying you don't really love the game or the zone. For myself the settings of DSB were always enough to bring me back. Even after numerous bans, injustices and being made fun of continuously by a whole community. You cry that you suffered because you were trolled by one person? Get over yourself, I was bullied by the whole lot of you, and I'm still here and never complained once about it or said I would quit. Complaining about lame bans is different.

The majority of people in power today in Continuum have broken rules, been banned, netbanned, and taken down whole zones. Polix was no saint when he started on continuum. He was banned from zones before. But he ended up becoming the best asset this game ever had.

You need to really learn to be more accepting of others. All you've ever done is black mail people. If league isn't this way I'll not play it. If I don't get what I want I'll remove my squad. If your in charge I won't play. Blackmail is not cool.

Well said Argyle.
I know you long enough to know you've been one of the greatest dicks DSB ever had to offer and you keep on proving that by talking trash on the dsb chat every single day, also by getting banned by current sysops.
You might be serious about this but I simply don't care after such a long history of being a dick, I just cannot believe anything you say.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

That's like pushing someone in the mud and then accusing them of being dirty.

If you want people to be nice, then be nice. Otherwise you reap what you sow. You want to blame someone for who I am, then blame yourself. I only respond to the shit you put out. If I'm about to attack someone with a sword, and they hold out a flower. There is no way I could ever strike them down. You obviously never kept track of what happened to me, and have no clue about my experiences in this zone. One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist, and only the victor decides what is recorded in history.

To quote apocalypse from x-men, I am not malevolent, I just am. After so many wrongful bans that's what happens. Some people don't know any bans ever happened, they just see me protesting and assume I am giving staff a hard time. It's the other way around, staff gave me the hard time, I just return the favor. Some others believe the bans were correct without knowing any facts. Believe what you want, and I'll act how I want. You can't netban me it's been tried and failed. You can't get rid of me in any permanent fashion. ?ignore me or live with it. Bottom line is if staff abuses against one person, one day someone on staff won't like you, and will abuse their powers and ban you next. I am not fighting for my rights. I am fighting for everyone's rights. The freedom of speech is important. If you don't believe in that shit, then stop being hypocrites. Get out of your countries, Israel, America, UK, leave democracy behind, and go live with the fascists, and communists. Be a man of real integrity, not a half-wit half assed ape who says you should be banned for text, while he lives in excess in a democratic society benefiting from the same freedoms he restricts online. The real Dick is you.

the_real_the_snake

Post by the_real_the_snake »

Seriel Killer wrote:
I can't believe people actually vote for this thing.

Falconeer, you can't even be a candidate, you've been banned for life by Hoch, banned by Beer Hunter and banned by Eridu.
If somehow you will be sysop, and I don't see how that will happen, I guarantee here that I never enter this zone again and other people will do the same.
Banned so many times, and yet still getting to this situation right here, one can conclude that falc posses these: persistence, adherence, endurance, patience, motivation, perseverance

SK, you have actually illustrated the attributes that the next head sysop needs in order to tackle the forthcoming changes and hardships.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

the_real_the_snake wrote:
Seriel Killer wrote:
I can't believe people actually vote for this thing.

Falconeer, you can't even be a candidate, you've been banned for life by Hoch, banned by Beer Hunter and banned by Eridu.
If somehow you will be sysop, and I don't see how that will happen, I guarantee here that I never enter this zone again and other people will do the same.
Banned so many times, and yet still getting to this situation right here, one can conclude that falc posses these: persistence, adherence, endurance, patience, motivation, perseverance

SK, you have actually illustrated the attributes that the next head sysop needs in order to tackle the forthcoming changes and hardships.
Too bad those qualities do not come for free but bring with them a massive list of downsides. I would gladly have Falc get DSB if I
could delete the other half of Falc first. ;)

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

What are the downsides? You realize I've never actually broken dsb rules?

Banned by hoch two weeks for being on different squad chats. League didn't even start yet.
Banned from the zone, because I was typing in an event telling people not to do the event. Is it against the rules? Ers, are supposed to kick you from events, at most gag you. Back then it was illegal for an ER to ban you from the zone for something like that.
Banned by hoch on dsb forums for disagreeing with him about 9/11
Banned by hoch for two days for having a Buddhist banner because it's too close to the nazi banner? I didn't even bring up nazis, I wasn't even talking in pub. I was minding my own business.
Almost banned because I was turreting rea in pub, and he apparently was complaining to Beer hunter. Yet he wasn't telling me to stop turreting him. Is turreting even against the rules? Is it harassment if the person doesn't even tell me to stop but then bitches to a mod about it? What if rea was telling me to turret him on MSN, and then secretly pming mods complaining? Should I get banned because some guy wants to use the mods as his personal weapon to ban people he doesn't like? Should the mod become every players tool to carry out personal vendettas?
Banned for being on the dev team, when Hoch didn't agree to it. Seriously. Two month ban and he removed my arenas.
Banned by Hoch 24 years because he doesn't like me.
Banned by Entropy because he couldn't take criticism, 1 year. I never said anything racist or bad. All I did was say the practice bot needs to change, you promised to fix pub and it's been 1 year. etc.
Netbanned by Entropy and Mom because Ent told her to do it. Mom had no reason. So I had to lift the netban. Polix did shit because he knows netbanned for typing is dumb.
Banned by Eridu for making a mom joke, no warning given to stop?

Delic

Post by Delic »

didn't I win last time we voted? ;P

anyways, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think I have enough time for this these days, too busy irl.
some time ago I probably would've been trying to convince people to vote for me like last time (see "next head sysop" thread for more info) but now I think it would make more sense for me to just play an assisting role or something less time consuming than what a true head sysop requires. I

that said, I don't think my inactivity makes me a worse candidate.
yeah I've been inactive from a dead zone. how does that make me irrelevant? what astonishing breakthrough did I miss that would've made me a better candidate if I had been here? did someone beat all the maps straight in Asteroids on first attempt? is kemi's ugly face now pretty all of a sudden? does the_snake have a life? is hece free? I bet the answer to all these questions is 'no', so I'm just as a valid candidate as anyone.

but yeah, no time right now ;P if that changes I'll let you know. till then, I'd be happy to contribute with concepts, and when I have some time over, with the maps and settings for events/league type of games. that stuff is fun to make. hopefully someone with good sense will take over and be easy to work with.

viva la dsb!!

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

I didn't even bother to click the button for myself.

So lets review:

Pater Punishment - took a min to question me on a few things and looked over the project in ?go #publeague, then decided to support me, hes ofc is free to change his mined.

GKUA - voted but not for a person and not in this poll (i dont think), GKUA voted to reduce emp freeze time, and maybe increase the cost to fire them in lanc.

kemi - not sure if kemi bothered to vote.

I personally don't recognize any other votes or opinions in this poll.

I would like to point out the hard work of Eridu over the past year or so. Eridu tirelessly bring players into the zone getting games started and running leagues. If it hadn't been for Eridu dsb would have flat lined sometime ago.

-Fly

GKUA

Post by GKUA »

Fly Swatter wrote:.

GKUA - voted but not for a person and not in this poll (i dont think), GKUA voted to reduce emp freeze time, and maybe increase the cost to fire them in lanc.
I'm all for that :mrgreen:. With regards to the poll, i voted in the end, but to be honest I don't attach a great deal of importance to the poll. The value as i see it lies more in the contents of the posts of the candidates, which, amongst other things, might help Argyle in appointing a new Sysop. In any case, I think it's essential that someone gets appointed soon, which will atleast enable some changes to be made. As far as i gathered, DSB has a bit more activity now as opposed to some months ago, so let's make use of the momentum, to make use of a horribly over-used word :P

I would like to point out the hard work of Eridu over the past year or so. Eridu tirelessly bring players into the zone getting games started and running leagues. If it hadn't been for Eridu dsb would have flat lined sometime ago.
Yea, i definitely appreciate that too

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

It's funny how you were trying to say something like I was being a dick to you first...

Anyway, maybe this will satisfy you, as you are teaching people there how to avoid bans.

Should the next DSB sysop be a person who is publicly teaching people how to avoid bans?