Next Head Sysop (Vote)

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

In terms of what is best for DSB, who is the best person to take over as head sysop?

Beer Hunter
36%
Fly Swatter
20%
Delic
8%
Eridu
4%
Falconeer
24%
No change (Keep Liito and Entropy)
4%
Find someone else
4%

Total votes: 25

falconeer

Re: Next Head Sysop (Vote)

Post by falconeer »

Saying Eridu brought players to this zone. Is like saying you banned the ingestion of vitamin C (Falconeer), and treated scurvy by rubbing lemon juice (Eridu) on the wounds. It just doesn't work. You only kept DSB alive in its decaying state. There are no new players in this zone, and it's hardly accurate to say Eridu brought old players back or motivated them to play. Nobody cares enough about an AML player who started DSB in 2008. Eridu isn't the reason some vets are still around. For example, everglaze is still around mostly because of everglaze, their squad stayed together, they are a group of friends. The fact of the matter is, if I wasn't banned you would have seen much bigger improvements in the zone by now. And the only reason Eridu is around is because I recruited him into 181st Tie. DSB lacks vital nutrients.

Teaching people to avoid bans? You don't get it. Unless someone is cheating, flying through walls, 10,000 energy etc. then they shouldn't be banned in the first place.

As far as lifting bans. I actually recorded how to do that on my website because all bans here in DSB are for stupid and selfish reasons. As such other victims should have the tools available to unban themselves. You should look up the history of how this game was created. The people who designed it put free information on the web explaining how to bypass their own ban system. Why would the people who designed continuum do that? And they didn't do this against the rules. They weren't told not to. They are the coders and they decided that their work would be open source, including the ban system. They wanted to document how it works. So no they weren't trolls or misfits, they were coders. That's why continuum needed an update from 0.37 to 0.40. Typically a person who can cheat extensively can already avoid bans or figure out how to avoid bans. And someone who can't cheat, generally can't avoid bans, so if they get banned for say typing, they should be taught how to lift the ban since a ban for such a small and stupid thing shouldn't happen in the first place. If a heavy cheater comes on subspace, you won't be banning them once, you will be banning them every day if they were persistent. The only cure for that is to constantly update the client, or to be more persistent than they are and keep banning them. Ultimately the real pros can lift their ban and remain undetected. So you would never find out they lifted a ban or even know they are playing the game again.

If I was teaching people to cheat, that would be an entirely different story, and something that actually is wrong.

Also the information on that website is incomplete.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

My website is posted for all to see on SSforums, the people there are net ops of Continuum. They have higher access and broader ban powers than a zone Sysop. Polix didn't care and no one else cares that my website is linked and displayed there. No one asked me to take it down. It's all very basic information that you can google. In fact the only reason I learned some of it, was because most of the information was already made available on minegoboom. And in fact I have mod powers on ssforums.

the_real_the_snake

Post by the_real_the_snake »

Let me tell you a nice story. Back in 2000, I was accepted to the Op staff by LLC.
A week later I was banned by loops for allowing and participating in a mega turret glitch in the public arena.
I was banned for a month or so.

So i was an op breaking rules, cheating, and banned by the zone owner.
a year later I join DSBe STAFF by running by preacher, and then by ministry.

When loops quit this game and zone, one of the things he wrote in his thank you letter which was posted on the website:
"The_Snake: Talk about an aspiring SMOD. You did a fantastic job when ministry was away trying to make a living. It was a great pleasure to work with you, thanks for making sure I did what I had to, to get events going. "

So you see, people who break rules and get banned, do and can contribute to a zone. Just give them the chance :-P

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

That mega turret glitch was great fun,

Anyway snake i pulled strings and went against other staff member so that flac could be here, otherwise he would be on a long long ban and blocked from posting on theses forums, post deleted etc.

Thing is in the end, falc dosn't have the best interests of the zone in mind. I think thats fair to say, i gave him a chance and he's just not about helping the zone, its about something other that to him. Sure you can say that just my opinion, but who could or would go against me on that, only those who dont know him? once you know then you know, and i know.

-Fly

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

I met you in October when my ban was Lifted. Before that I only saw you playing in Pub. You really know me well dude.

You didn't pull strings. You can't ban me or delete posts because my actions prevent you from acting totally retarded at the moment. Banning me wouldn't be in your best interests at this point when you are trying to convince a community you are stable level headed and capable of running a zone. If you banned me I'm pretty sure Argyle would also step in and say there's no reason to go that far. I didn't ask for your "protection" if it even exists. You could be making all of that up.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

1 week to regrant dev arenas back to me, so I can start mapping. What a fail zone.

"Currently its taking dsb staff 1 week to re-grant a dev arena so I can continue mapping. Fuck your beurocracy. Beer can't give me access to the forums to make forum templates, because 1. It's not needed right now, and 2. He doesn't trust me. With a paranoid idiot in charge no one will ever dev for him because his idea of trust is flawed. It's been 15 years If I wanted to nuke the zone I would have done it already. There is no basis for a lack of trust, you first need to give a person something, AND then they need to screw it up, for their to be a basis for a lack of trust. Secondly who cares if a nicer forum isn't needed right now? It's not like between today and tomorrow anything else will be worked on in the zone. I don't understand why it's taking 10 weeks to move to ASSS either."

Beer telling me how he needs to discuss it with the rest of staff. Okay Eridu, Fly, and Beer all agreed before. Secondly I had dev arenas under the_snake and Ent, and all I EVER DID with them, was make maps and upload maps. There is no harm, the zone won't blow up. Can we move a little bit faster before I die from old age?

Falconeer> cant you just grant me access now, idont get what new things need to be discussed, you all agreed before
Beer Hunte> Democracy
Falconeer> this is what we call bureaucracy beer hunter, its what your supposed to ELIMINATE, in this zone
Falconeer> there is no vote on this, the vote for devving is mine alone, i want to dev, vote passed, grant the arena, thats how you create a giant dev team
Falconeer> if someone comes up to me and wants to dev, i don't debate it and hold elections with staff
Falconeer> THEY WANT TO HELP, their vote IS the vote!
Falconeer> grant them the damn arena
Eridu> lulz
Falconeer> this is why you'll never grow this zone
Falconeer> you are too inhibited
Falconeer> go have sex or something
Falconeer> free yourself
Falconeer> ...

Your names are changing from the 3 stooges, to the wall of retards. That's all you guys are, a wall that prevents anything from happening. And it's pointless to talk to you.

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

the_real_the_snake wrote:Let me tell you a nice story. Back in 2000, I was accepted to the Op staff by LLC.
A week later I was banned by loops for allowing and participating in a mega turret glitch in the public arena.
I was banned for a month or so.

So i was an op breaking rules, cheating, and banned by the zone owner.
a year later I join DSBe STAFF by running by preacher, and then by ministry.

When loops quit this game and zone, one of the things he wrote in his thank you letter which was posted on the website:
"The_Snake: Talk about an aspiring SMOD. You did a fantastic job when ministry was away trying to make a living. It was a great pleasure to work with you, thanks for making sure I did what I had to, to get events going. "

So you see, people who break rules and get banned, do and can contribute to a zone. Just give them the chance :-P
Law studies pay out snake...