Next Head Sysop (Vote)

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

In terms of what is best for DSB, who is the best person to take over as head sysop?

Beer Hunter
36%
Fly Swatter
20%
Delic
8%
Eridu
4%
Falconeer
24%
No change (Keep Liito and Entropy)
4%
Find someone else
4%

Total votes: 25

falconeer

Re: Next Head Sysop (Vote)

Post by falconeer »

Other zones? Polix had netban ability at the time. Double clienting is not illegal anywhere in subspace.

What is illegal is to play under two nicks in a league. This is a league rule not a zone rule. If you double client unless you have four hands and a multi-screen you can't play two games at once.

DSB doesn't need 19 year olds in charge. We went through the 19 year old ban hammer phase in dsb back in 2004. With retards who can't control their emotions and just ban people. The zone needs mature people in charge who don't get offended easily. I've been trolled by whole communities, and been in worse games than subspace. I think I can handle community hate, name calling, and other lame bs without resorting to banning people for text they type. You guys need to grow up.

wo

Post by wo »

why im not on the list?

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Cause you would win.

I can't edit the list, editing time is expired. You can nominate yourself in a post.

Eridu

Post by Eridu »

falconeer wrote:Are you joking? Nothing I ever did hurts DSB. There are only two people in DSB who hate me.
ahahahahaha :lol:
falconeer wrote: Killing people just outside the NKZ is allowed in every zone except "yours truly" the retard zone Death Star Battle. Get a grip on yourself this won't make players rage quit. None of the people I killed were new players, they were Big-f Smurfing his 100th nick and veterans. It was a shit idea to put NKZs in pub and I was protesting Manwhore and Ents failures. This rule about killing around the NKZ is an old ass outdated rule
So you were "protesting" the idea of having the North and South safes in the Death Star. You sat there and did your best to kill players on their way out. Players didn't like that. I clearly remember players would stop playing because they would get annoyed. They may have not quit completely but some would esc + q and call it a day, others would spec. You may have not liked the safes but the reality is that they were there and for them to work people had to be allowed to fly out of the safe. You were practically sabotaging the whole idea. I'm not saying it was the greatest idea either but you were making sure it failed. You put what you wanted ahead of dsb.

Currently with the regular outside NKZ, it's not really enforced. With the low population in pub, players are usually fighting around the NKZ. Plus the Outside NKZ's have several exit points, unlike the 2 Inside safes we had for a while.
falconeer wrote:Really how scary were my squads? I ran them, I had power compared to everyone who joined? The only scary thing I remember from my squads was you asking to be captain constantly and asking me to transfer squad over. You are power hungry my friend. That's why I never gave you anything.
WTF are you talking about LOL. I got records that had 10 times more deaths then kills, at least, and I was completely new to league. Why would I run a squad? Novafire was my first league squad. One day you just kicked everyone from squad and stop using it, saying Novafire was done. My noob ass just wanted to represent for Novafire because it was my first squad and I actually liked the squad name. I figured if you weren't going to use it maybe you would let me have the squad name. I wasn't going to try to restart Novafire and put it in league.
falconeer wrote:Noob who brought you to devastation? Introduced you to tm. Had to force you to come to the zone because you didn't even want to at the start?
Yes you did take me to devastation for first time. No you didn't force me :). That's just your typical exaggeration.
falconeer wrote:DSB doesn't need 19 year olds in charge.
Who's 19? I'm older then you, not that it even matters a whole lot after a certain age. You serious? Or just an example of:
Eridu wrote:When he is trolling he lies partly in an effort to get the person he's trolling to give away the real info. He fishes for real info with fake info, he's looking to be corrected so he can learn something.
No one gets banned dude, just you. I did my best to encourage staff to get creative when punishing. We've had that policy for so long now. Sulla is the only other player I ever banned in my time on staff. He logs in with OP nics and I proceed to tell him to get off and he doesn't. I pm /*kill with no time so he disconnects but he keeps coming back with OP nics. After at least 5 minutes of pming /*kill, maybe up to 10. I decided to ban him. Enough is Enough. This has happened twice with Sulla. Same exact thing. I have not banned anyone else. Beer hasn't really banned anyone anymore either. Only until recently he banned blue- for ruining multiple pracs. It had the full support of those in prac. I've seen blue- ruin pracs as well. Before that I can't remember who BH banned because it has been so long. Once again, no one really gets banned. That knowledge is out there and after a while of having that policy a very small amount of the population wants to push the envelope. Players that desire that kind of attention so much will get it when they are asking for it so badly.

P.S.

Never mentioned the 2 themes I created. Bomb Theme which required no coding at all since there was no one to code. Princess Leia Theme which required very little coding from ent. Princess Leia had better pub activity then current pub or the N/S safes pub. I worked with what I had. I was also captain of EZ's and Left0vers (now Co-Captain). Also brought new players to league :), I even recruit for other squads.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Exactly, I get banned for just being named falconeer, and always for text. Was banned plenty of times in dsb for typing. And it wasn't racism, and it can't be harassment unless told to stop first. And seeing as my month ban didn't get lifted after you knew I didn't bypass a gag. I'm effectively still banned only because of what I said and because my name is falconeer. Sorry but this zone has a history of treating people like criminals, and whining about a players past. If you want to enforce rules, they are enforced in the present, based on what currently happened. UNLESS by the gods is this a correctional facility and not a GAME? I didn't know that. MAYBE you are my long lost mother? Here to use bans to teach me lessons? To make up for the poor way in which I was raised? IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Again you guys focus more on policing the zone than devving it. NKZ rule should be abolished. I'm allowed to protest against your stupidity from killing the zone. The reason people didn't play wasn't because I was camping the outside of the NKZ it was because IT WAS A BAD IDEA. Don't try pin staffs failures on my actions. The only people who wanted NKZ in pub was practically Manwhore and that's it. So talk about putting a person first over the zone. What I do is never about my personal preferences unlike dsb staff. Just because I dev things I am concerned about as opposed to your ideas, doesn't make my ideas any less good for the zone. A new tile set is needed, it's been 14 years, every other zone went through at least 10 tile sets until now. Another thing that needs to go is this nazi idea that people cant wear a DSB banner, or have DSB Staff in their name if they are developing for the zone. Nobody gets confused, pretty sure we aren't morons and can figure out who has powers and who doesn't. Other zones don't even identify their staff and thats even better. The less you are known the less you can start shit with players, or have players start shit with you.

Didn't EZs have a captain before you?

kemi

Post by kemi »

Eridu everyone in their right mind know how much you have done

Same goes for the many others in the staff,

We all have our personal opinions regarding the people in the staff but I think we all know (at least we all should know) that without BH, Eridu, Ent, Temb, FLy Swatter and other people's hard work DSB would have been stone done several years ago.

The player base is decreasing which is only natural as the player base that used to be 15 years old are now closing in on 30...

Falc has three votes 1 is bound to be himself and I assume the other two are jokes - I think we all know that :/

So to whoever is doing the work and has been for years now keep it up DSB seems to be moving in the right direction considering the situation

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

If you read before you typed, you would know I voted for Fly Swatter.

And a few of the votes that went to fly could just have easily went to me. But I've been telling people who wanted to vote for me that fly is the best option or to vote for Beer Hunter if they think he's good. They chose fly.

If it wasn't for Ent the zone would have been back at 100 population by now because, me, snake or delic would have saved it.

Starpo

Post by Starpo »

tl;dr.

But Falconeer sysop? lmfao.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

ts;dr

I've run bigger and more important things/guilds/clans than this zone. Good at keeping things alive as evidenced with my squads. You lose every game in league and remain 20+ active with a 12 show to every league game. It's not easy to keep people motivated or together when there are strong forces trying to pull you apart, but I had active squads for 5 years. Eridu likely voted for himself. Kemi who did you vote for? Or did you not even vote? You won't even support someone? Whoever voted to keep entropy is likely in a severe minority. An inactive person who did nothing anyway when they were active is not what the zone needs.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

If the head sysop position really will be changed, then I hope it is someone who has played the game for a long time and also has long
league experience. The person should also have the ability to put his own desires aside and comment on matters objectively. In addition,
the person should not be the one doing most of the Devving or coding or anything.

When it comes to a "leader" of the zone, all we need is someone who knows the zone and its history and has the ability to lead people.
We are talking about normal leadership skills here, nothing else.

I cannot remember the options anymore but let's get started: Oh and before I do... I don't give a crap about your reply, so don't bother
defending yourself. This only represents my view based on my own history with these people.

Falcooner: Obviously not. Too emotional on matters and believes in his own ideas and himself too much. Would choose his ideas over
others'.
Swattta: Does too much coding, devving and that stuff - tends to choose his own ideas over others'. Also does not have enough
league experience.
Beer: Not a horrible option. Has been part of Staff for too long, since 2003 or 2004 I believe, and has a bit too many Hoch's ideas
still stuck in his head. However, he has shown great ability to alter his opinions over the last few years. Beer does not possess the
best team working skills though.
Delic: Clearly gone for a bit too long. Otherwise also not a horrible option. He would likely know where to assess the most work hours.
Eridu: Simply not enough experience. Also tends to defend his own opinion too much, even if he knew sometimes it was wrong. Still
not one of the worst options.

I am having a hard time believing any of these people would do a job good enough. Beer is a slight possibility. However, I'm afraid not
enough people are ready to work with him. Delic, on the other hand, is a wildcard - I have no idea what would happen if he took
charge.

I would even pick an active kemi over any of the options. Because how I see it, good team management skills, communication skills
and all other basic leadership skills are all that matter here. A good leader would be able to build a strong team around him and
distribute the work and get everyone to work on common goals. A good leader would also build a system that is used to make all
important decisions rather than simply decide on his own.

I mean how many of you are in a management position in real life? I don't see running a zone a lot different from managing people in
real life. All the leader has to bear in mind is that every is working here voluntarily, so motivating the people is a crucial part of the
work, but so it should be in work life. Sadly however the majority of managers fail at it.