DSB Merger

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Moey G

DSB Merger

Post by Moey G »

Every one is talking about how DSB can increase it's population and what not. People have tried tampering with the settings in pub and what not, changing themes, different league concepts, etc. Moreover, settings, themes and all that other rubbish won't bring players. People haven't heard of this game, there is no advertising (E.g Youtube (only on major pages), public figures, etc.). So how do we get new players if no one wants to put in the money? Simple.

Instead of having a dying DSB, a horrible Extreme games and a retarded trench wars.. why not put them all into one? Where you may go to different arenas and from there you may enter other specific arenas such as .?go dsb for prac and what not. That way more attention is emphasized on them, word of mouth happens and you will see an increase. So instead of every sysop and whoever is involved trying to create new themes, they won't work. Pub should remain the SAME as it was 5 years ago. Don't change the game because the people left, those people left because there was a break down in the hierarchy. Entropy should've remained sysop and had a board around him as well, to actually show they have power over shit.

Ssseth

Re: DSB Merger

Post by Ssseth »

Interesting idea. A lot of politics would be involved in that though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Only i can save dsb, and it starts with being active and devving the zone. I can easily manage the zone back to 100 daily pop. I've been saying this for 2 years, I've been dying to be given a chance to be proven wrong, but everyone is too afraid I will succeed. You fail to understand the most active zones on subspace are the ones with big dev teams that put out. Trench has the best league website, best website, best maps, latest modules/bots or whatever. DSB is behind by 10 years.

Instead of a DEV team, dsb has two monks who pray for changes to their god entropy. And we all know god is an absent ruler. These two idiots, eridu and beer will be praying for along time. It's not their fault they can't code, but they don't even do things that they can do. Like organize change, gather people, gather resources, make or improve maps, build a better website or forum etc.

Everyone on continuum knows DSB is a joke, they don't even want their mouse arrow to touch the zone name in the login screen. I'm not sure why EG failed, but when I look at who is staff there. MOM, It's not hard to surmise what kind of idiocy led to that zones downfall.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

This idea is probably 5 years old already and been considered many times.
They just have not been able to make it work for all even on theoretical level yet.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

This idea is dumb and epic retarded. Just like the rest of the staff in this zone.

Oh our zone has 10 players lets downsize pub.
- And when pub has 2 players what will you do? Make the deathstar the size of an apple? Retards.

Oh subspace has 100 people left, lets merge our zones
- Which basically eliminates the whole purpose of continuum which was that people can create their own zones.

Oh our league can't field 12 players lets do a 4vs4 babl league.
- And what happens when your league can't field 4vs4 players? You'll do a 2vs2 league? Oh wait that already exists it's called team elim.

You have to think big to get big. If you keep shrinking to fit a smaller zone, you eventually will shrink into nothing. Good job. Smart. You need to keep your huge ass deathstar, stop whining subspace is dying and bring players to continuum. It's not hard. Merging zones just delays the inevitable. Its like treating the symptoms and not the disease. I'm sick of all your shit. Get the fuck out and let me fix things.

Detector

Post by Detector »

This idea is dumb and epic retarded. Just like the rest of the staff in this zone.

Oh our zone has 10 players lets downsize pub.
- And when pub has 2 players what will you do? Make the deathstar the size of an apple? Retards.

Oh subspace has 100 people left, lets merge our zones
- Which basically eliminates the whole purpose of continuum which was that people can create their own zones.

Oh our league can't field 12 players lets do a 4vs4 babl league.
- And what happens when your league can't field 4vs4 players? You'll do a 2vs2 league? Oh wait that already exists it's called team elim.

You have to think big to get big. If you keep shrinking to fit a smaller zone, you eventually will shrink into nothing. Good job. Smart. You need to keep your huge ass deathstar, stop whining subspace is dying and bring players to continuum. It's not hard. Merging zones just delays the inevitable. Its like treating the symptoms and not the disease. I'm sick of all your shit. Get the fuck out and let me fix things.
Finally a point there. My suggestion: Let DSB die.

edthesock

Post by edthesock »

falconeer wrote: ... - Which basically eliminates the whole purpose of continuum which was that people can create their own zones. ...
It's evident SS is dead and on it's last leg.

Perhaps uniting all active mods and devs from all surviving zones to coordinate a new GUI software application to let people work on building their own zones within one single software application tailored for "amateur game developers" and market SS like that...

A program that lets people "drag & drop" much of the elements involved instead of having to go to subspacedownloads, do a mountainous amount of reading just to know what single file programs to download then even more reading on how to use it, then more reading on how to make it work. SS need a developer platform to entice a new generation of people to "tinker" and play.

Just a thought...

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

That would be cool but there is no one around who can do it. You are essentially talking about creating a whole new game. To be honest the fact it's already been around for 15 or so years is pretty impressive in this day and age of disposable technology and software.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Except Seth, SS isn't disposable. I've tried to destroy it many times but it keeps haunting me.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

That's called OCD ;)