About Prot PW

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Detector

About Prot PW

Post by Detector »

Some people or many seems to know Protection squads pw in DSB and I think they are using the squad as their squadname, so Redneck I, if you read this come change it if you dont want that many DSB players to use your squad as their squadname. Also Victorious said I had spread Protections pw to everyone, only when I gave it to one player: Big-F. Here is also a log from my conversation with Big-F with my alias Wily from today:

P Wily> forgot to tell one thing, dont spread the pw of protection after i gave it to you - Detector
P Big-F> i didnt spread it
P Big-F> bh asking me to
P Big-F> only used for myself -_-
P Wily> did you give it to someone?
P Wily> anyone?
P Big-F> I didnt do anything
P Wily> then how did vic get it?
P Big-F> i dont know
P Wily> and why did vic say i spread it?
P Wily> because i didnt
P Big-F> wtf :S
P Wily> think i would believe ya
P Wily> lol
P Wily> none else knew about it then you
P Wily> than*
P Big-F> yesyterday 4pple told me they know pw
P Big-F> like Cucu
P Big-F> and some others
P Wily> and ofc. you didnt say
P Big-F> They said they know pw
P Big-F> from Prot
P Big-F> ffs
P Wily> maybe they do
P Wily> ok
P Wily> maybe some old prot gave it to them then, i dont care

Beer Hunter

Re: About Prot PW

Post by Beer Hunter »

In general, old squadnames are free for hunting, however last time when Protection password was leaked around 2007-2009, Atomicboy himself showed up in matter of hours to ask us to protect his squadname and let it rest in peace. Since then in staff we've kept a policy to not let old squadnames be invaded/taken, especially if the captain is/was around to specifically ask for protection. It is a matter of respect, of course neither in DSB has any but please learn about the word - respect the wishes of the squad owners, they will give out the pw or the whole squad by themselves if they wish to, until then do not start spreading it or using it no matter where you've acquired the pw.

Detector

Post by Detector »

I'm fixing it.

wo

Post by wo »

lold @ giving it to big-f and being confused

Detector

Post by Detector »

I couldn't care less, just like everdream told me today: "Protection has been dead for many years ago, it doesn't matter if you gave the password to someone". I'm saying that its Redneck I who should have maintained the whole squads password guarded if he cared about his well-known squad. Also I believe that many old-school Protection subspace players retired after winning DSBL2 or loosing at DSBL3. This isn't a big deal.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Legend-wait for it----------dary.

I still recall shaking in my boots playing against Protection in my first league match. R.I.P. got our asses handed to us. But most did.

I'd respect the name too but I don't have much say in such matters.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Detector

Post by Detector »

Actually I didn't have Protections password written up anywhere, its only that I have a good memory of remembering passwords. This Zone DSB is too dead that I wouldn't care if I gave the password to the remaining 10 active players in DSB. Seems like DSB already has the same destiny as Star Warzone, Hockey Zone and T3 Gauntlet.

Redneck I

Post by Redneck I »

Necro Thread!

So got a strike of a bit of nostalgia and logged on tonight of course at 3am CST in the US no1 was on (except for the ever present BH). So I came to these forums, and wow.. I was mentioned. I had seriously doubted anyone remembered.. and you probably don't besides the fact that I own Prot.

Anyways I don't know why Aboy saw fit to give me Prot so long ago, and I don't think anyone cares about who's joining or leaving the squad. But if BH would like it passed along (don't know why) I would be happy to do so. I think I've offered it to him in the past.

Oh well, sad to see DSB as it is.. but it was expected long ago...

-Redneck I

--Legion--
Old Bones
Red Hawks
Protection

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Yup, DSB is dead. Nice to see folks still pop up every so often though. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Apocalyptica

Post by Apocalyptica »

Ahh, the good old days.. I hope it will ever come back. I will come and play again, if there is some competition in the pub ofc :P