It's over.

Post by Super Duper »

duper> !seen freespirit
come kill > Sat Mar 17 14:56:24 2012

:shock:

Tembest

Re: It's over.

Post by Tembest »

He quit because I made a screenshot of him playing warbird public.

WTF = We Thank FreeSpirit

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

We thank freespirit :D :D

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Whew, scared me for a minute.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Detector

Post by Detector »

His jokes were the best from all DSB players and his skills were magnificent in picking up the flags, but when confronting someone he had to continue running and collecting flags. It's over aswell, check this ?squadowner red hawks = Gurliver

Snoops doesnt give a shit on Red Hawks anymore, so he squadgranted it now. Also FreeSpirit played Trench Wars too, from what I last had seen. With the terrier there ofcourse and with the same banner too. Actually I wouldnt be surprised if DSB ran out of ideas and was shut down with a one year warning now. For me DSB died a long time ago. Sad but true, right? Yes, it is over.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

The writing has been on the wall for years now. Maybe Hoch was right about going out on a high note instead of a whimper like this... its sad.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I partly agree Seth, because slow suffering for sure is pathetic. However, Hoch managed to make 2000 % more people leave within a year after his announcement than ever
before in DSB. The choices would either have been to end DSB right there, with a two weeks notice period or then simply hand it over to the next person in line.

For someone who really thought through everything and was generally considered a man with a clear path always in mind, the announcement was the stupidest move one
could imagine. It's like in one minute he made all the hard work he had done in 8 years or so go away. One single announcement did worse for the zone than all his good
combined.

Super Duper

Post by Super Duper »

Agreed with Tembest! I think hoch should have granted the zone to somebody else. (the_snake, COUGH!)

And actually, just after hoch announced he would pull the plug on DSB, the population increased because so many players were upset with that decision. New ideas arose, and there was even a plan to make a new zone that would be an exact replica of DSB. I remember that a lot of people were excited by this idea, because for the first time it seemed that some big, drastic changes would be made. There were some excellent candidates that would gladly take over Hoch's tasks and I for one believe that a drastic change like that could have saved DSB. For a while at least.

The population started to decrease drastically after hoch announced he wouldnt pull the plug after all. That was the end of the ideas and hope that had arisen. Hoch and the league staff, that had lost the populations faith a long time ago, carried on in the same way as they did before and everything stayed exacly the same. That is when the population decline increased suddenly. (Also, I remember that short after this announcement, billing was offline for almost 2 months, which was a major blow as well)

I'm still thankful for all the time, effort (and money) that Hoch put into DSB but I think that in the end his unwillingness to step down, for whatever reason that was, gave DSB the final blow. Perhaps it was pride, or perhaps he was afraid that his successor would have done a better job, who knows...

Ayways, I'm switching off my rage mode now! Thanks for all the good times.

So long,

D

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Either way, sad to see the once mighty DSB slip away into nothingness. Feels like losing a loved one slowly to a terminal illness.

ID01

Post by ID01 »

Hoch's announcement a year ago? What happened? What did I miss?

I would search, but DSB forum keep wiping all the historic post.