DSB Pub

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Seriel Killer

Re: DSB Pub

Post by Seriel Killer »

Seriel Killer wrote: A simple proof that shows that I like this game just as much as I used to when I played it
is this BABL, when there are players i'll come play, when there are not it's boring.

Regarding how the zone failed to keep up with time I can go on blaming Hoch and Beer Hunter
for everything but that wouldn't solve your problem. The thing is, this game's graphics is
extremely old and people these days don't relate to old days graphics.

So if you want to attract new players to stay is some fancy graphics, on screen markers, popups
if goal is achieved etc. I would get into it if we had some players so I know my time is not
completely wasted, that's pretty much gone out the window cause of the idiots I mentioned before.

Anyhow, if you are desperate about reviving the zone I suggest you start there.
Put on minids map because current pub map is too big, download some cool LVZ for bombs, emps, bullets
etc and some cool sounds. Adding some cool shit to minids map is really easy using map editor.
The entire lot shouldn't be more than an hour's work.

And NO, don't ask me to do it, I can't believe I let Eridu convince me he's legit and that my ideas
would mean something because management has changed. Guess what? I tried to help, gave a lot
of ideas and... OH! what a surprise, nobody gave a shit. Especially Eridu after making all those promises.
So... NO, don't ask me to do this.
I am merely offering you an idea.

Good luck
What's this then? you're posting in the same thread I suggested ideas and
you didn't even read them.

Get yourself sorted out before you dismiss everything I said so far.

EDIT: The fact that you're quoting dictionary meaning of words just show
exactly what you think of me.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

The point was: Do it yourself or quit bitching.

I have a gazillon ideas but I'm not ready to do anything for them. I have told these ideas to other people as well but they either have limited time
or do not consider my idea very good. But who am I to blame them when I'm not ready to do the work myself?

Besides, I haven't seen anyone agree with you that revival of the zone is about graphics or that it should be our primary target.

In other words you are angry because no one agrees with you. Good try.

I quoted the dictionary to emphasise the fact I'm not a hypocrite. I don't even relate to the people who you have presented your idea to in any way.
It's funny how people even use the word Staff when they are looking for someone to blame. Did you know that throughout the years more than 90%
of Staff was never involved in any decision made? It's like the coach of your football team murdered a person but I would blame it on you because
you play in his team. Most of you can blame one person alone for roughly all decision made in DSB, and he doesn't even play anymore, so what's the point?

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Is this argument needed?
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

No... he is fucking stupid, he keeps making assumptions
about my past...

Detector

Post by Detector »

Most of you can blame one person alone for roughly all decision made in DSB, and he doesn't even play anymore, so what's the point?
The only fun zone to play back in the days was DSB, but now it has turned into the worst zone for me. There are no more questionings/polls on future themes like there used to be at the forums. DSB has got a very low population and has had for a believable time, that I start to think people wont come back to play DSB anymore. The only reason I keep coming back to visit DSB: are simply the ship settings, they are the best (ship speed/rotations/gun fire), this added for meeting some old DSB'ers I know. To this quote im asking this: In other words you're saying that most of us cant affect the changes that are made in DSB anymore?

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Detector wrote:
Most of you can blame one person alone for roughly all decision made in DSB, and he doesn't even play anymore, so what's the point?
The only fun zone to play back in the days was DSB, but now it has turned into the worst zone for me. There are no more questionings/polls on future themes like there used to be at the forums. DSB has got a very low population and has had for a believable time, that I start to think people wont come back to play DSB anymore. The only reason I keep coming back to visit DSB: are simply the ship settings, they are the best (ship speed/rotations/gun fire), this added for meeting some old DSB'ers I know. To this quote im asking this: In other words you're saying that most of us cant affect the changes that are made in DSB anymore?
Seems most of is couldnt affect changes in the "past". We could or can now, but there isn't much of a dev-team to implement them.

So yes and no.. the door is open but nobody home..

Detector

Post by Detector »

Seems most of is couldnt affect changes in the "past". We could or can now, but there isn't much of a dev-team to implement them.

That was all I needed to know, I guess then that Hoch did have an effect on dev-team too. Who the hell would be that crazy to shut down a popular zone with a 1 year warning like Hoch wanted?

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Bty, Im putting together a generic framework for pub. Generic is a good thing in this case, it comes with a simple 15 min ticker game similar to the one we had way back before the 65+ ding game.

Once this is finished I'll be able to use the framework to try different game idea's that other suggest. For now I just need to do what needs done tech wise.

Detector

Post by Detector »

Bty, Im putting together a generic framework for pub. Generic is a good thing in this case, it comes with a simple 15 min ticker game similar to the one we had way back before the 65+ ding game.
Seems like a good idea :D

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

jim the chin wrote:Is this argument needed?
No if no one is going to do anything. I know I aren't and I'm not afraid of saying that. But I'm in this argument because people hide behind excuses
when they NOW would have a chance to do something. It doesn't matter whether they really had it in past or not. Just as I'm trying to offer SK a
chance to do something good and forget the grudge between whoever he holds it against.
Fly Swatter wrote:Seems most of is couldnt affect changes in the "past". We could or can now, but there isn't much of a dev-team to implement them.

Swatta wins the prize.
Detector wrote:That was all I needed to know, I guess then that Hoch did have an effect on dev-team too. Who the hell would be that crazy to shut down a popular zone with a 1 year warning like Hoch wanted?
Well, the problem was that only his opinion mattered. If we have 10 vs Hoch, Hoch wins. So, technically he let certain people the freedom to innovate but
then alone decided whether he wants to do anything with the ready products.