Princess Leia Theme!!!

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Eridu

Princess Leia Theme!!!

Post by Eridu »

It's time to Rescue Princess Leia!!!It been up for 1 week and if you haven't already, I suggest you stop by and check it out. :)

Rebels start outside main entrance and Empire starts in core. Rebels have to break in and get a 51/100 flag ding to release Leia (ball) in deep South,E8.Empire must prevent this and will be rewarded for doing so. If Leia gets out Rebels must get her back to the mothership/safe/goal.Empire has to get her to star destroyer in north tube entrance and get her off DeathStar and away from Rebels.

morikahn

Re: Princess Leia Theme!!!

Post by morikahn »

Ok, this is a great idea. Thanks for getting it implemented.

My complaints first:
1) Get rid of the star wars stickers, they are just distracting. Or make them very dark, so bullets and ships are very apparent on top of them.
2) Some UI feedback to help steer new players to the theme. I had to have someone playing explain to me what was going on. The faster people 'get it' the better.
3) get rid of private freqs. They are unnecessary.

My compliments
1) It was very nice to see a goal in the game, and actually compete with players to achieve it. Flagging had a purpose but it wasn't mind numbingly boring, and once the princess was out, the singular objective focused the game play.

Questions:
1) Why was the empire goal up on top of North. Was there a good reason to put it there?

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

morikahn wrote:Ok, this is a great idea. Thanks for getting it implemented.

My complaints first:
1) Get rid of the star wars stickers, they are just distracting. Or make them very dark, so bullets and ships are very apparent on top of them.
2) Some UI feedback to help steer new players to the theme. I had to have someone playing explain to me what was going on. The faster people 'get it' the better.
3) get rid of private freqs. They are unnecessary.

My compliments
1) It was very nice to see a goal in the game, and actually compete with players to achieve it. Flagging had a purpose but it wasn't mind numbingly boring, and once the princess was out, the singular objective focused the game play.

Questions:
1) Why was the empire goal up on top of North. Was there a good reason to put it there?
Agreed with this.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

If there only was someone to play it with. Only Big Earl and Eridu are online when I log on, and even they most often afk.

Edit: And agreed with Mori...

Eridu

Post by Eridu »

1. The LVZ's (pictures) will come down soon, except for the mon cal cruiser mothership, the empire star destroyer and Leia. That was the plan if it was left up a long time.

2. The objective was explained in news.txt and the bot is spamming what needs to be done over and over, which itself is a problem. I don't get how people can't figure out to do when it's spammed on their screen. I guess we need an LVZ near the safeties explaining it.

3. The private freqs I also agree with. I was afraid to touch that setting though. Last time we completely removed private freqs it hurt the zone. If we had the population for it, of course they would always be off. I already discussed with people in game that it will likely be changed so private freqs are disabled at 6 players.

The Goal is in north because Leia spawns in south. Since the Rebels needed to get the ball to a location outside, I needed somewhere far from south for the Empire. North tube works well because it points away and Leia can be shot away off the DS.

Tyrae1

Post by Tyrae1 »

Princess Leia, really?

Maybe I need to log back on so I can see this.