DSB-AS3 - Development

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Fly Swatter

DSB-AS3 - Development

Post by Fly Swatter »

Long story made short. Development will take place in three month intervals with the first coming the first week of July. This will be a weekend/week test run of both the server software and one of my pub games. Then it will be gone again.

Some goals of this project:

Pub will have several rotating games, players can set a personal preference to which game is played (The July test run will have just one game).

The lockout jackpot will be replace with a multi-game jackpot system. Each win for the Rebels or Empire moves the slider one space closer to that freqs goal. Get it in the goal and your freq wins the jackpot. I expect several jackpot wins daily. Aslo, down the road I plan on tracking all players participation, and reward all who participated on that freq over the entire course, but this wont come until later.

The prize system will be a serious downgrade from what we have now. Each ship will have a small modification that can be purchased, this will last the entire game. Energy/Recharge is given out on the 7/14/21 kill, each of these gives 50+ energy and 100+ recharge.

Pub Games (in the works):

Fifteen - DSB standard 15 min ticker game with endgame printouts etc. (seen at 6 month interval)
Pub Ball - Spin-off of my tugawar concept. (seen in July)
No-name yet - Hold all four flags of a pole for 60 sec and it blows up.. details to be worked out. (seen at 9 month interval)

Multi Game Jackpot

Pub Ball

Support for more freqs

Matioso

Re: DSB-AS3 - Development

Post by Matioso »

Looks good to me.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Fly Swatter wrote:The prize system will be a serious downgrade from what we have now. Each ship will have a small modification that can be purchased, this will last the entire game. Energy/Recharge is given out on the 7/14/21 kill, each of these gives 50+ energy and 100+ recharge.
Maybe it should read "The prize system will be a seriously different from what we have now". Why no edit button on this forum?

Heres how it is:

Energy/Recharge is given out on the 7/14/21 kill, each of these gives 50+ energy and 100+ recharge. Ships maximum and upgrade settings have been changed, now with 4 blocks of energy/recharge the ship will be maxed out, but you may never see that forth block.

The buy list has just 3 items:
?buy thor
?buy brick
?buy level or ?buy L# 1-2-3-4

You can buy and add levels threw out the course of the game, you can even change ships, the level stays until the game ends. Stupidity will be controlled with strict distribution of prize tokens, there not a ?givetokens no ?setbounty and not even a command for staff.

Some other setting have been altered such as the way shrapnel functions. Also, some changes to speed, rotation, thrust for warbird and terrier for use with the ?turbo toggle, and the stealth/xradar energy cost are now zero for the ships that can purchase them.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Sounds really cool. Look forward to seeing it.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Death Greens: Last 4.5 sec

Odds:
Proximity=30
Repel=3
Burst=3
Decoy=3
Portal=1

Ships can no longer receive items their not equipped for example: spider cant prize decoy or repel.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Regions setup for Pub Ball:

More views here

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Fly Swatter wrote:Death Greens: Last 4.5 sec

Odds:
Proximity=40
Repel=3
Burst=3
Decoy=3
Portal=1
Rocket = 6

Ships can no longer receive items their not equipped for example: spider cant prize decoy or repel.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Fly Swatter wrote:Ships can no longer receive items their not equipped for example: spider cant prize decoy or repel.
Ahh.. finally! I hate how you cannot know which specs the other player might have.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Im kinda interested about that ticker game :P

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

As long as you can no longer green temporary shileds!...
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.