DSB-AS3 - Development

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Fly Swatter

Re: DSB-AS3 - Development

Post by Fly Swatter »

Note: The 15 min ticker and other games to come can have its own prize system (I should have pointed that out).

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Game concept one: Pub Ball

Pub Ball AKA Tugaball AKA Forceball.. is a sector driven game concept module. This is a spin off version on my tugawars concept. The basic principle of tugawars is to provide a visual reference to game position. Its this simple: Empire -------|------- Rebels, the slider starts in the center and move towards the controlling teams goal. To become the controlling teams you must achieve a few things. One acquire the majority of flags in a sector, two possess the ball within that sector. Thats basically all you need to know, other then pull speed. The pull speed is based on the percent of flags your team owns in that sector. Also, if your team is in control of a sector, AND possess'es all flags in CORE there is a bonus pull. The bonus pull is double. The PULL speed sits below you freqs name in the top right corner ITS RED, and if your team controls CORE aswell there will be a RED ASTERISK next to that.

Pull speed ranges from 30 (slow) to 10 (fast) theses numbers represent when the JUMP is made (when the slider moves). With core lock (RED ASTERISK) you can cut down to 5 second jumps.

Here some images:

http://dsb-as3.blogspot.com/p/puball.html

Note: There was optional ways to set this up, but for now only claimed flags are counted. So, touching one flag at the start of a new game gives the majority percent needed to activate the sector vs needing the majority of all flags in that sector claimed or not understand?.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Looking good, although sounding complicated. That's not a problem as long as you tell/show new players what they need to do to win. There will probably need to be some sort of message upon entering the zone that gives the basics in chat.

With weasel bombs you can adjust the speed to make them less of a super weapon and you can adjust the time between firing them. In fact, the slower the bombs, the more tactically they can be used. You play shark, you know what I'm talking about. A slow L1 bomb with a few seconds between firing would be a good upgrade I think.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I hate weapon upgrades, especially bombs...
But I guess I'm ready to try anything at this point.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Tembest wrote:I hate weapon upgrades, especially bombs...
But I guess I'm ready to try anything at this point.
I could live without most of it myself to be honest. I think distribution of prize tokens, item cost, and jackpot payouts is key. Besides that, there is a process that runs before each game that determines how the next game is setup. This reads from in-game player preferences. These preferences are stored in each players profile. This is how players can vote for the next game. Down the road I'll put in a option to disable ?buy or something of the sort.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Things look dismal around here, plus im bored, So its ready to run.

Anyone seen Ent? lol...

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Nope, haven't really seen but you could try to email him.
If you've tried as well already, let me know if it's something urgent and I can get a hold of him.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

All is good, its going to be listed under esc-a as dsb-as3:0 at first, the same way we list EG:0 in our arena list.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to work on the 15 min ticker game or another game. Any suggestions?
Keep in mind we can reset flags per-sector now.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Some things in the works for the october update.

?buy: Redesigned prize system based on how the first run goes.

R2 Unit: This will handle some of the text output including help/game messages most of which is lacking in the first release. R2 outputs white text with a green name (freq chat) easy to see.

Ship Mods: Each ship will be reconfigured in some way yet to be decided. This wont be a upgrade or downgrade, just different. It will effect one ship or a pair of ships for one game then back to normal. There will be about 1 in 7 (random) chance of it running per game.

Shark and Spider will probably have this mod: