Next Head Sysop?

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Delic

Re: Next Head Sysop?

Post by Delic »

Nubby wrote:I love Delic to death and he would be a great 2nd choice imo but we he would need to start listening more like others have previously mentioned. Its not always your way or the highway buddy. (See Team Combat League). I still <3 you tho.
Not sure what you're referring to here Nubb. I never said a word about how TCL was done.
I made a map and was hoping I could organize a league based on the event, but they never
concretely offered me the coord spot even though it was mentioned. What TCL ended up
becoming was something completely different. I never complained about it though. If you think
me being away had something to do with that then you're mistaken. I haven't played any game
at all for like 6 months. I've had 3 new PS3 games for like 3 months that I still haven't opened yet.

As for listening... I made several modifications to the arena based on feedback.. and it wasn't
even completely finished yet.
Eridu wrote:I don't like the idea of giving the zone to any players that abandoned it. It would be completely stupid to give it to someone who spends there time elsewhere. Come back just because you have complete control now? Otherwise you could careless if it dies or not? please... Step up and learn how to work together.
Ok, clearly that was directed to me. I'm sorry, but I don't think you have the right to say that.
I contributed actively for years, and DSB was the only zone I logged into for a long time even
after the fun died, even after all the people I enjoyed chatting with were long gone. In recent
months I haven't had time due to real life, but even then I took the time to contribute with a map,
and offered making more maps if needed, offered coordinating a league. I've contributed in times when
I didn't even agree with how things were being done.

The only reason I posted here was because I still think this zone can be revived. If someone else
can present a credible, thorough revival plan then I'd be happy to be a part of that and contribute
to it in whatever way that I feel would be efficient. I don't care about the "SubSpace power".
I already had it. It never got to me and it never will. I'm 25, I'm too old for that. If you think that I'd come
back just to have "complete control" then you're mistaken, and I'm sure you'd change your mind if you
got to know me and saw what I'm capable of. If I came back it would be strictly to put this zone back
on its feet again, because I really don't have time to mess around here anymore like I used to. And it
wouldn't be "giving" the zone away since the owner wouldn't change. It would be filling a position in
order to reach an objective. If you consider my inactivity "abandonment" and question my intentions
and hopes for this zone then you clearly just don't know me. Anyone who knows me could assure you
that I'm way too nerdy (in a way) for that. All I ever thought about for years, ever since population
started declining, was how to stabilize it and make it fun again. My numerous posts on the DSB Forums
throughout the years can attest to that. I've "stepped up" on numerous occasions. The intentions
were always there, but there has to be a solid strategy to go with our intentions. And to be honest,
I've never seen that here despite of all the good ideas and all the dev'ing. At the end of the day there
hasn't been any clear direction. It's like we've been rowing in circles.

So if I came back, it wouldn't be to waste my time philosophizing on what to do. I did that for plenty
of years already. If I came back it would be to either finalize a revival strategy or to become part of one.

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

I wouldn't vote for Delic, he is typing too much. :(

the_real_the_snake

Post by the_real_the_snake »

Seriel Killer wrote:I wouldn't vote for Delic, he is typing too much. :(
Do you still read books with colorful big pictures?

Eridu

Post by Eridu »

It was more of a general statement and out of the ones who have been mostly MIA, yes, you have contributed the most recently. I still vote for Swatter, he shows and plays all the time. Thus, he has a feel for what DSB is like today.

If you are serious about helping, there is many positions that need filling already. :)

I don't enjoy trying to figure out themes that require little work, that's simply the only option. There is basically 3 people doing most of the work on staff right now and only 1 is a coder. Swatter is the only devver currently helping that 1 coder on staff. DSB can't get very far with only that, maybe, if we switched to ASSS. At the end of the day the more people you have working together, the greater the possibilities. Right now any reasonable idea that can be put together will be tried out as a theme in pub. So if there is something you can do to help, come do it now, not maybe sometime in the future if a certain position opens. You'd all be welcome with open arms.

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

the_real_the_snake wrote:
Seriel Killer wrote:I wouldn't vote for Delic, he is typing too much. :(
Do you still read books with colorful big pictures?
yes papa

Delic

Post by Delic »

Eridu wrote:It was more of a general statement and out of the ones who have been mostly MIA, yes, you have contributed the most recently. I still vote for Swatter, he shows and plays all the time. Thus, he has a feel for what DSB is like today.

If you are serious about helping, there is many positions that need filling already. :)

I don't enjoy trying to figure out themes that require little work, that's simply the only option. There is basically 3 people doing most of the work on staff right now and only 1 is a coder. Swatter is the only devver currently helping that 1 coder on staff. DSB can't get very far with only that, maybe, if we switched to ASSS. At the end of the day the more people you have working together, the greater the possibilities. Right now any reasonable idea that can be put together will be tried out as a theme in pub. So if there is something you can do to help, come do it now, not maybe sometime in the future if a certain position opens. You'd all be welcome with open arms.
I really think DSB needs more than just a new pub theme. It needs to be relaunched and reintroduced to the public.
It may take a lot longer than a pub theme, but that's the only way to bring it back in my opinion.

I really doubt that being active in DSB right now will give you any type of advantage at the time of creating a revival plan.
Well, I don't doubt it, I know it. But as I said, if Fly (or anyone else for that matter) can present such a plan, I'd be more
than happy to contribute. But I'm not going to sign up to be an ER and blindly host events without knowing where the zone
is headed, if anywhere. Not because I don't like hosting, but because I don't like hosting in vain. And that's just an example.
All these things that are being done to keep the zone semi-alive is alright, but that's not what I'd be around for. As I said,
I would only come back to revive it properly. I'm sure Fly can understand that since he said "if there isn't a real plan then it's
over". He even said that he agrees with people that DSB only has a league or so left. I don't agree with that because even
after that I still think it could be revived, but I do think we're at a point where if we wait any longer without any serious
revival attempt then it would become a lot more difficult.

So yeah, I'm all for contributing if there is a serious revival attempt in place. But not otherwise because that'd be pointless.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I've thought this way for quite a while. Small adjustments, such as good league or even better
pub alone won't bring DSB back anymore. We are past that point.

Edit: Delic, what was your Hattrick team again?

Super Duper

Post by Super Duper »

Hi!

Delic for head-sysop.
Fly Swatter for pub-development.
Entropy for League-sysop.
The_Snake for event-development.

kthxbye!

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Looking at some of the other zones i dont see any reason why dsb couldnt have 9vs9 pubs every night.

This might be something we could accomplish simply by implementing some of the things i've outlined in the DSB-AS3 - Development thread. Im not even talking about a game concept of any sort, just the basic structure.

Delic

Post by Delic »

Tembest wrote:Edit: Delic, what was your Hattrick team again?
I got an email last week saying it was removed for inactivity... I got bored of it after 3 years non-stop heh.