NKZ

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

jim the chin

Re: NKZ

Post by jim the chin »

Ent: Every time I've killed a spree-er I haven't needed shields. By all means keep greens, but lose the shields, they create far more annoyance than the small benefit they may give for killing spree-ers.

Fly:
Hate to be discouraging, but this will almost certainly be ignored by the average pubber.
Any reason why? I really hope you're not going to cite the Active Sectors thing that was tried in DSB about 6 months ago. That was executed really badly, and despite some obvious similarities, the game-play is completely different.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

jim the chin wrote:Any reason why? I really hope you're not going to cite the Active Sectors thing that was tried in DSB about 6 months ago. That was executed really badly, and despite some obvious similarities, the game-play is completely different.
It might be somewhat entertaining to east prac'ers, pubbers may indeed come in to kill you, but once they do they will most likely return to core not even bothering to flag it up on the way out.

It dosnt seems much more involved then that.

Perhaps, if the idea was expanded on, cause active sectors/ sector based is a good direction.

---
Entr0py wrote:Fly - I'll try to fire up an ASSS test server this week. Most likely it will be this weekend or next week, though.
Nice, I'm still aways off (life and all) no rush. Heres a look, see, I know a little about active sectors.

Detector

Post by Detector »

- Remove shields in public.
- Make multifire buyable in public.
- Let R2G2 bot from DT arena send results to dsb.com website. Would be nice to see who won the latest Duel Tourney and by how much in the final and vs. who.
- Leave the original NKZ where it belongs, also remove the death stars inner NKZ's.

^
My opinion.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Fly Swatter wrote:
jim the chin wrote:Any reason why? I really hope you're not going to cite the Active Sectors thing that was tried in DSB about 6 months ago. That was executed really badly, and despite some obvious similarities, the game-play is completely different.
It might be somewhat entertaining to east prac'ers, pubbers may indeed come in to kill you, but once they do they will most likely return to core not even bothering to flag it up on the way out.
If flagging it all up triggers a countdown leading to prizes, then I expect participation because there is participation from pubbers in TW for a similar objective. Furthermore, if all play is within the DS, there should be more participation, because fights will get dragged into the sector in play. In TW you spawn far away and it's harder to get dragged into the base.
I'm not really sure what that all means so I don't expect newbs too. They won't even know what east/south.west/north are in terms of the DS. There needs to be soem graphic SHOWING them where the action is/will be.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

If they cant figure out n-s-e-w then all is lost, I'm a fail.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

They'll know how to read a compass, but relating that to specific areas of the deathstar, divided at particular points is not obvious.

I'm nowhere near as good at making graphics as you, but I think a little diagram would be most helpful.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

I'm guessing you wont like my sector layout:

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Why not? That's excellent. Does that appear in place of the radar, or when you tab to see the map?

The picture I attached to my last post is of 5 lvz files, where 1/5 of them appears on a players screen near the bottom left at any one time, indicating the sector in play. I think that might be the best way to do it if you're up for making a cool looking version of that.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Thats a screen capture in DCME map editor showing the sectors (regions). You dont actually see them in-game, they just define the sectors. You can do thing in code like record kills that happened in this sector or that sector etc. Im not using it for that because its abit stressful on the server, but I am tracking the soccerball location.
jim the chin wrote:Why not?
I didnt think you'd like the way I detached core from west making core its own sector, and some of the other tweaks.

Core actually isn't its own sector bty, it can become an extension of whatever sector is active, or acts like a bonus for scoring to the team in control of the active sector (if they own all 8 flags of core).

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

In the theme description I sent to Ent I've already stated that the core flags should not be part of west sector. Would make it impossible to win otherwise.