NKZ

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

hype

NKZ

Post by hype »

What do you guys think abou the idea of bringing the old NKZ back and shutting down thise inside spawn zones. I think it would be more fun and that way there could be a chance to win that jackpot which is there for some odd reason. NKZ could be set closer to DS, to K2 area for example.

What say you?!?! :o

Tembest

Re: NKZ

Post by Tembest »

Well I agree it's more fun when it's outside.
Perhaps it could be just moved closer to deathstar as hype suggested? Perhaps somewhere in front of main entrance?

Entr0py

Post by Entr0py »

I'm not opposed to moving it outside. The reason it's inside is because when the population is low and the nkz is outside, the game quickly dies and nobody plays. We've experimented with moving it back outside a couple of times and it's always been the same result as when it was originally outside and the population started going down.

Right now, if there are 15 people in-ship, the nkz moves outside.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Low population = more lockouts = more boring flights back to the deathstar = more people leaving = dead game.

That's why the type of NKZ used (one NKZ in base, two NKZ's in base, or the NKZ outside) is dependent on how many peeps are in the arena.

I don't think it could be improved much from what it is.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

Allow private freqs until it hits 8 players then kick them to freqs 0-1, shut down the warpbox, start some sort of game.

The purple rects are regions for asss, below are the coords.

python code

Code: Select all

sections = [0,1,2,3,4,5]
		box = [ 
			[387,402,286,302], 
			[125,155,245,279], 
			[165,200,261,271], 
			[375,415,320,345], 
			[365,425,251,256], 
			[237,249,186,195]] 

random.shuffle(sections)

x = random.randrange(box[sections[0]][0], 
			box[sections[0]][1], 1)
		y = random.randrange(box[sections[0]][2], 
			box[sections[0]][3], 1)

game.WarpTo(p, x, y)

Same can be done with subgame/merv, but it aint as pretty.

(I kind of miss the old rayfighter nkz, so i have the flyunder mod for this if interested)

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I hate the pointless fighting around the inside spawn zones. The fight occurs in the place you are born in...
Boooooring... Kill, die, you just wait 4 seconds and the fight begins.

Perhaps some kind of a flag game? Even if it's 1vs1 or 0vs1. Announce the active sector or whatever
someone suggested before. Sever? It doesn't matter if the player playing it alone wins it; he should win
because he's the only one playing! It's funny how all games are disabled when it's 2vs2 or whatever.
That's just plain stupid. We encourage no one to take the first step of playing. Alternatively, we should
reward the person who is playing the most boring game ever - 1vs0....

Please, just anything but the pointless fights in front of spawn zone.

And remove the greens! You can let people buy upgrades all they want, I don't care... but random greens
are just horrible. It makes the spawn zone battles even more annoying.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

I have sent my map and lvz files to Ent, but I don't have a bot for it, so it would require Ent to make one. There is another theme to be tested before mine that we should see soon I think.

I don't mind some of the greens, but, for the love of god, remove the temporary shields greens. What is the logic behind including those? It ruins the game completely.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

jim the chin wrote:I don't mind some of the greens, but, for the love of god, remove the temporary shields greens. What is the logic behind including those? It ruins the game completely.
Yes, they are the biggest issue as I have stated in my previous posts.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

jim the chin wrote:I have sent my map and lvz files to Ent, but I don't have a bot for it, so it would require Ent to make one. There is another theme to be tested before mine that we should see soon I think.
Hate to be discouraging, but this will almost certainly be ignored by the average pubber.
jim the chin wrote:I don't mind some of the greens, but, for the love of god, remove the temporary shields greens. What is the logic behind including those? It ruins the game completely.
If greens must stay, then they should only give simple prizes rockets, burst, repel etc. maybe even a rare portal. Its annoying "for me" to green a top-speed or gun upgrade, top-speed throws off my aim, and gun upgrade cost more to fire then its worth. I normally just suicide to reset my ship.

---

I'd make the below changes and give energy/recharge upgrades on the 7, 14, and 21 kill.

Code: Select all

[Warbird]
MaximumEnergy=1050
MaximumRecharge=2650
UpgradeEnergy=50
UpgradeRecharge=100

[Javelin]
MaximumEnergy=1400
MaximumRecharge=2400
UpgradeEnergy=50
UpgradeRecharge=100

[Spider]
MaximumEnergy=1150
MaximumRecharge=2300
UpgradeEnergy=50
UpgradeRecharge=100

[Leviathan]
MaximumEnergy=1450
MaximumRecharge=2925
UpgradeEnergy=50
UpgradeRecharge=100

[Terrier]
MaximumEnergy=1100
MaximumRecharge=3150
UpgradeEnergy=50
UpgradeRecharge=100

[Weasel]
MaximumEnergy=1400
MaximumRecharge=2250
UpgradeEnergy=50
UpgradeRecharge=100

[Lancaster]
MaximumEnergy=1300
MaximumRecharge=2650
UpgradeEnergy=50
UpgradeRecharge=100

[Shark]
MaximumEnergy=1350
MaximumRecharge=2300
UpgradeEnergy=50
UpgradeRecharge=100

Entr0py

Post by Entr0py »

The upcoming theme is going to be a flag/ball game. The bot is in beta phase, needs testing. Waiting on eridu to produce the map, but he is having trouble with its design. If anyone wants to help out, please contact Eridu for details, as it's his theme.

Fly - I'll try to fire up an ASSS test server this week. Most likely it will be this weekend or next week, though.

As for killing in front of the spawns, agreed that it sucks, but at least people do it. When the safety was outside, nobody was playing at all. We need a gameplay that will work just as well for 1v1 as it will for 10v10. The inside spawn zones was meant to be a temporary measure until we find a better permanent gameplay. Hopefully the next two themes will move us much closer in that direction.

And we've also tested removing the greens. Same result as when we move the safety outside - people stop playing. They might be annoying, at least people play. They're also an equalizer in a way. Super ships can get trumped by shields, for example.