Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Matioso

Re: league.nu

Post by Matioso »

Mozz, gkua and mag!

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Two things, I collected many of the e-mails from league.nu on my own years before this just from persistent copy and pasting.

I could redesign ents website graphically given access and some time.

Starpo

Post by Starpo »

Ssseth wrote:The more things change the more they stay the same :/
That makes no sense at all.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Well it makes sense in the context of slavery.

Take American history for example.

About 200 years ago black people were slaves in America.
When emancipation happened, they weren't all of a sudden free.
In fact they often ended up staying at the same job, doing hard labor, except this time they got 5 cents pay for it. It was the exact same job, same boss or master, and the pay wasn't much of an improvement. It was like nothing changed.
In fact even with the abolishment of slavery blacks were still segregated, oppressed, and so on up until the 1970s lets say. Between the 1970s and today racism still exists, hate crimes, hate against gays, and narrow minded individuals in general.

All of this indicates we are constantly in danger of repeating our past. WWII can happen again and racism can once again take on more extreme forms like 200 years ago. Black people are upset they were slaves once, and white people are upset they lost their slaves - Quote Louis C.K.

In another way we think for example that child slavery ended sometime 500 years ago. Or maybe some of us have misconceptions that it ended after Rome. Though in reality the legal abolishment of child labor happened around the 1920s-30s. However, to this day kids work in warehouses, in poor conditions, for little or no pay making our clothes. Another example is chocolate, many children work the cocoa fields, and never had a chocolate in their life. It may not even be slavery, but it's child labor and the line between the two are thin.

So ultimately the same things happen around the world, just under different names. Hence, the more things change, the more it's the same. New name, same game.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Starpo wrote:
Ssseth wrote:The more things change the more they stay the same :/
That makes no sense at all.
Ninety percent of the game is half mental.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein