Betting on sports

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Detector

Re: Betting on sports

Post by Detector »

Without checking any odds...

Canada - Slovakia (Canada easy 4-1 4-2 win)
Russia - Norway (Sadly, amazing Norway will get raped here)
Fin - USA (Huge mental benefit for USA, Finns however tend to fight till the end, so I'm expecting a 3-3 DRAW)
Finns will also have more support from their own than ever before. Finnish fans have been crazily cheering for both
Kazakshtan and Switzerland when they were playing USA)
Sweden - Czech (This tie is interesting, Czech with a weaker team but Swedes have Franzen and one other key player
injured. Sweden should still go through. I'm expecting a tight game 3-2 4-3 for Sweden.
I was expecting Slovakia to win Canada, just what happened. Russia won Norway, no big surprise. Finland won USA, tight match, Finland had more confidence & skill in the end and won the match. I expected Czech to win after a tight match and that happened.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Laugh.. Why would you post afterwards and claim everything went just as you expected?
Either it's a bad attempt to troll, a pure stupid lie or you don't know anything about hockey.

Now please say in advance how Russia - Finland and Slovakia - Czech will end.

Detector

Post by Detector »

Laugh.. Why would you post afterwards and claim everything went just as you expected?
Either it's a bad attempt to troll, a pure stupid lie or you don't know anything about hockey.

Now please say in advance how Russia - Finland and Slovakia - Czech will end.
I didnt post a prediction here before, I was predicting the results during the matches. Ofcourse I know a lot about hockey, I've been following it almost my all life. Prediction for tommorows semi-final matches: Finland wins Russia and Slovakia wins Czech. Final match prediction: Finland wins the World Championship. What are your predictions for the semi-finals and final matches? I told you mine now.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I'm actually totally lost with the Russia match. I have no idea how it will end... Emotions attached so predicting is hard.
If I weren't a Finn, I would definitely say that Russia is going to win. Czech is going to beat Slovakia after a very very close match.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Anything can happen in a one game elimination tourney. That's why I prefer 7 game series.

Anyway, for what its worth (not much) I'll call Russia Czech final with Czechs winning.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Detector

Post by Detector »

Anyway, for what its worth (not much) I'll call Russia Czech final with Czechs winning.
Seems like you're right with Russia winning, they leading 2nd period by 3-1. Maybe Czech will win afterall also, they have a strong team.

wo

Post by wo »

I really want to see Slovakia win but it's hard to bet against Russia with that line up

I do think Finland will win bronze though.

I also think LA will win tomorrow and sweep Phoenix but not at -230 as they're currently listed. It might be worth putting a few bucks on Phoenix or the +1.5 spread at -155.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Can't see Russia losing but you never know. Tough couple of losses for Finland :/
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

wo

Post by wo »

any Euro picks?

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

My hit rate has been 67% for all games this far. 16/24 correct, been going quite well

Should've remembered to give you my tips in the group stage.

I haven't checked the odds but...

Czech should not stand a chance against Portugal that has played better game by game.
Rosicky is also most likely out of the game so Czech is going to lose midfield. If only Portugal
had a decent forward and they would be unstoppable. Anyway, something like 0-2 for Portugal.

Greece does not have even theoretical chances against Germany, the odds are probably
ridiculous as well so no point in playing. If you want to try a low score 1-0 win for Germany,
that's the way to go. Or alternatively if eg. 4-0 has a nice return.

Spain - France is most likely a very few goal game as well. 1-0 1-1 2-0. Odds are too bad to
be played. You might want to try a shocker draw or a bet where France goes through after
penalty shootout.

England - Italy is a good draw bet. I'll be putting my money there and I'll be surprised if either
of the teams score more than one goal.

Edit: And if either of Portugal or France to win Euro 12 has a high enough return rate, you might
want to try those bets.