I suggest that DSB negotiates to move to TW

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

jim the chin

Re: I suggest that DSB negotiates to move to TW

Post by jim the chin »

Good post BH. On the pub objective thread, wo suggested a very simple objective that would value individual killing and yet still be team-based. It would be a very basic "deathmatch" game, which would go something like this:

"A 10 minute deathmatch has begun. Kill the opposing team more than they kill you to win tokens that can be spent on upgrading your ship."
"Current scores: Freq 0 is leading Freq 1 by 22-13." (give scores every minute to keep people informed and interested)
"The deathmatch has been won by Freq 0 with a score of 55-46. Each player on that team will receive 0.5 tokens per kill." (rounded up to the nearest token)

That's it. Very simple, yet entertaining. It would take me weeks to learn the bot coding to do it. It could probably take Ent or Fly Swatter an hour tops?
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

That team killing idea sounds good to me. It's simple and when there is time limit you can actually feel you are doing something, other than just killing without no purpose at all (which is fun too, but I guess less fun than that).

Also, bring back scoreboards and stats back to public, that isn't so much work to do if you have the old codes. Ppl like to compare their stats, even tho stats don't mean anything :)

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Yea scoreboards were great. I used to play DSB pub just to see how many EMP assists I could get within the round. Was good fun and practice for league/pracs. Scoreboards could also be a more effective way of dishing out tokens after a deathmatch (by considering assists, time played, and ratio in addition to kills).
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Super Duper

Post by Super Duper »

Matioso wrote:
Super Duper wrote:
Kemi wrote:DSB is already dead, this could a valiant last desperate attempt of revival :/
Agreed!

I think reviving this zone can only happen in this order:

1.revive league
2.revive prac areas
3.revive pub
I think it should be the way around. Pub should be revived first so that we can also get new players and old players could have even some place to hang around if no pracs. After that prac arenas and league. Also, I would like to see more events but that is ofc if we get more ers, and those who have er nicks would actually use them. Events, even tho you wouldn't like them show that the zone is alive.

P.S Get the league going on already :)
But the active population at this point is close to 0. Reviving pub first would mean starting from scratch. If league is revived and properly promoted a fairly large amount of players would start playing at once, giving us a boost-start!

But actually I think there shouldnt even be an order in which they are revived, just revive them all at once!

Entr0py

Post by Entr0py »

Pub is actually less dead than you think! Just look at the population stats thread I made ;)

Detector

Post by Detector »

Trench Wars would look like a double zone then. How many Trench Wars players actually going to support the idea? I'm not saying DSB should just die, only that I doubt this idea will happen. Even if it does work, I dont care.