pub

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

deathcorp

pub

Post by deathcorp »

Is there no way to add an objective?

If not, why exactly?

If we just blend in the mindless killing ppl enjoy. The original idea of DSB suits better than the 100 flags IMO, but I think it was never implemented maybe because TW had it done first. Well Philips did a shaver first too. None cares. We could easily have two teams doing one flag. (Protect/Attack) or whatever is a good idea.

Seriel Killer

Re: pub

Post by Seriel Killer »

Entr0py hasn't really done anything since he replaced Hoch... at least not as far as I can tell...

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

That's because he was told not to change anything :D I've told like million times already to change the map to smaller and less flags. And it could actually work since some ppl are still playing pub.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Been saying the same thing for a long time, ADD AN OBJECTIVE.

I play TW now. I know, it's embarrassing, but I play there because the zone has an objective: hold the flag for 3 minutes, defend or attack the flag room. It's fun, some of the ships like jav and weasel are fun too, as is the spider.

I would rather play DSB settings though. ENT, were you really told not to change anything? If so, I might as well not post any more on this topic, and forget about this zone altogether.

How about an objective where you reduce the flags to one per sector, mark them on the radar to show who controls them, and give points at the ding. The important part is the scoring because with such a small population you want to be able to concentrate the game in one area at first. This, logically, should be the core. Make core flag worth 5 tokens, north 4, south 3, east and west 2. Every 10 minutes post the scores for the last 10 minutes in pub chat. Allow people to use the tokens to buy items. Something like that...

Or better still, Morikahn's bot, but you just seem to ignore any suggestion to develop that game, which quite frankly was the best thing that happened to DSB since I came here. It had an obective, a good one, and a unique one.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

deathcorp

Post by deathcorp »

even if there was an actual objective and an encouraging score calculating system (dunno what the current is).. there's still usually a usage diffrence of 10k with a new and an old player. That needs to be resolved. A good way is actually having one flag and having a special area for each ship where it would strive over the other ships (tubes for bombers, large areas for empers.. all of that needs to be connected in to getting to the one flag. pretty much a capture the flag and protect it style. At this point I don't see huge changes doing any harm since the zone can't hit that much of a lower numbers. Also adding a bab arena to public arena would ease off getting the game started because it can be played by only two people.

Ill write some more if staff ever reopenes this case. Looks like there's little people left anymore.

Let's not forget, continuum has a marketing segment of 4 billion web users and each of them can run the client. There's hope for sure 8-)

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

Forget it... management still sucks... nothing changed.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

You know what would look cool? If you had 4-6 flags (reactors) dotted around the sectors of the deathstar, and controlling all of these (or most of these) starts a countdown, upon which a graphic in core starts "growing", getting more and more sparky and energetic. When the countdown gets to zero, this graphic travels down the tube like it is being shot out... but only for imperials! For rebels there is an explosion in core instead.

The rebel spawn point would be directly in the path of the tube, so it is the target of the imperials shot. The imperial spawn point would be in south, somewhere on the east side of it.

That would be awesome. I'd play that!
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

morikahn

Post by morikahn »

HA!

You killing me, Smalls!

Entr0py

Post by Entr0py »

If you make it, it will be tried.

MaRBReD

Post by MaRBReD »

all of these ideas are worse than mohi's active sector. you **** are playing tw and want to share your opinion? get buttfucked *******

Seriously! If you want to use the forums, you better obey the rules. -Temb