Yo yo yo... sup...

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

jim the chin

Re: Yo yo yo... sup...

Post by jim the chin »

CyberSee wrote:People seem to forget that the game is more or less dead anyway. What Hoch did was just speed the inevitable up.

And really poeple should not have such hard feelings a 15 year old game.
Everything dies, so that's no argument to make anything die quicker.

The age of the game has nothing to do with it either. In fact, you could make the opposite argument for age. People are fonder of older games than they are of short-lived ones.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Also what SK said is true, he banned a lot of people for reasons that were plain ridiculous. He was an egomaniac dictator figure, threatened by anyone capable of being a threat, especially those with any popular support or those who were talented enough to be appreciated more than him. This resulted in most developers being turned away or put off by the multitude of restrictions he enforced, and the zone stagnated. Nothing was done for years. His proclivity for banning and talking down to people was further evidence for his personality malfunction. He used this place to entertain his fantasy for power in real life, but as such, he was more like the security guard on the front door, abusing his power at every turn. If he was still here he would ban any of us for saying this, and do you know what else he would do... (because this happened to me), he would keep you banned until you denied the accusation of his abuse of power and apologised for it. He gets off on it. Good riddance, shame about the wife.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Starpo

Post by Starpo »

jim the chin wrote:
CyberSee wrote:People seem to forget that the game is more or less dead anyway. What Hoch did was just speed the inevitable up.

And really poeple should not have such hard feelings a 15 year old game.
Everything dies, so that's no argument to make anything die quicker.

The age of the game has nothing to do with it either. In fact, you could make the opposite argument for age. People are fonder of older games than they are of short-lived ones.
You could, but then you'd be telling lies. People always want something new, something that looks better, people will start playing other games and the games that used to be cool will be forgotten not long after. Yeah playing some old games now and then can be fun, but they won't always keep you entertained longer than the trip down memory lane lasts. Don't fool yourself, nothing lasts forever, and SS/DSB won't either.

Now if Hoch sped up the process is a different discussion that I don't feel like getting into.

Starpo

Post by Starpo »

jim the chin wrote:Also what SK said is true, he banned a lot of people for reasons that were plain ridiculous. He was an egomaniac dictator figure, threatened by anyone capable of being a threat, especially those with any popular support or those who were talented enough to be appreciated more than him. This resulted in most developers being turned away or put off by the multitude of restrictions he enforced, and the zone stagnated. Nothing was done for years. His proclivity for banning and talking down to people was further evidence for his personality malfunction. He used this place to entertain his fantasy for power in real life, but as such, he was more like the security guard on the front door, abusing his power at every turn. If he was still here he would ban any of us for saying this, and do you know what else he would do... (because this happened to me), he would keep you banned until you denied the accusation of his abuse of power and apologised for it. He gets off on it. Good riddance, shame about the wife.
Every staff member higher than regular Op> will get blamed for abuse of power sooner or later. Sometimes it's true, usually it's exaggerated nonsense. Most of the time the biggest douchebag teenager DSB had to offer at that moment was the one doing the claiming. I'm not saying anything you say above isn't true, but people tend to overreact when mishaps occur or they catch a mod in a busy/bad mood and they expected a friendlier response. That all gets blown out of proportions and that's how stories get created.

Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

I have to check here once every two years to see if someone still plays.

Some old art I found from a project where I made a map for the flag rooms: http://koti.mbnet.fi/~pietarin/DSB_WP.png

Seriel Killer

Post by Seriel Killer »

Starpo wrote:
jim the chin wrote:Also what SK said is true, he banned a lot of people for reasons that were plain ridiculous. He was an egomaniac dictator figure, threatened by anyone capable of being a threat, especially those with any popular support or those who were talented enough to be appreciated more than him. This resulted in most developers being turned away or put off by the multitude of restrictions he enforced, and the zone stagnated. Nothing was done for years. His proclivity for banning and talking down to people was further evidence for his personality malfunction. He used this place to entertain his fantasy for power in real life, but as such, he was more like the security guard on the front door, abusing his power at every turn. If he was still here he would ban any of us for saying this, and do you know what else he would do... (because this happened to me), he would keep you banned until you denied the accusation of his abuse of power and apologised for it. He gets off on it. Good riddance, shame about the wife.
Every staff member higher than regular Op> will get blamed for abuse of power sooner or later. Sometimes it's true, usually it's exaggerated nonsense. Most of the time the biggest douchebag teenager DSB had to offer at that moment was the one doing the claiming. I'm not saying anything you say above isn't true, but people tend to overreact when mishaps occur or they catch a mod in a busy/bad mood and they expected a friendlier response. That all gets blown out of proportions and that's how stories get created.

You are forgetting the other side, where you have a good working zone where everybody is happy and enjoy the management of the person in charge. Too bad we never got to see that here.

Good to see you're still around Ecc. :)

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Lol eccentric.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Seriel Killer wrote:You are forgetting the other side, where you have a good working zone where everybody is happy and enjoy the management of the person in charge. Too bad we never got to see that here.
No, you are being ridiculous. I'm not saying things could not be better but come on...
1. We used to have what you call "a good working zone" till like league 9.
2. No one is happy with everything
3. The person in charge is always blamed for everything even it's a voluntary game where everyone should do their own share.
4. Ent was chosen to lead this zone because the majority, by far, wanted him! If you don't like him anymore, fair enough but
remember the guy was suggested to take over Hoch like billion times. He was also given an impossible task; revive a 16-year-old
game (zone) that had already surpassed the point of slow death. The only chance that could have ever worked out was if at
least 30 of the remaining players put in the same effort he did.

I'm getting sick of everyone always blaming the guy in charge. In some cases, loops, chy, Hoch, liito (Ent) made some bad calls but
not half of the poor things happened to the zone are the fault of the leader. I could not have asked for anyone better than Ent to
take over because at least he believe(d/s) in the zone's future more than anyone else. People like me, who said the revival of the
zone is an impossible task, should be ashamed, not Ent.