Nostalgia Bomb Incoming

General discussion

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Detector

Re: Nostalgia Bomb Incoming

Post by Detector »

Well SS/Continuum was fun as long while the game still was an active game with more people playing the game, the game feels too old now. After being around in SS for 18 years myself now it is impossible to me to continue playing SS when SS isn't the same game anymore because of a low amount of players for an active playerbase. I have sometimes thought about what sort of setups a few DSBers used while playing DSB, what im meaning is what kind of keyboard did you guys play with and did you use any other profile setups in keys at options than the default one??

All I remember is that you, Saiyan (Beastie) had the most precise aim and playing style I've ever seen in DSB and that it would be cool if you revealed your setup once and for all here? I can already say that I played DSB with a Fujitsu Siemens keyboard (non-gaming keyboard). I think the whole DSB community had a good time playing DSB back in the past of the old but gold times of DSB. It was a blast for sure. To be honest I think there was more good times than bad. Saiyan, you weren't always a Nemesis sort of player to me, because we did play in that Inducers squad together on the same side in a few matches too in that DSB's 6v6 League, this squad which I did win one DSBL with in the end of an Sector type of DSBL.

I have to admit that I tried my best to be the best in this game. However in DSB matches, I played a lot of different type of players. I did play VS every squad in DSB and I played VS the best players, the worst and the medium skilled players. I also played in my opinion in the worst squad in DSB at one point, Novafire, and I played at one point a few pracs in for 1-2 days in DSB's perhaps best squad ever Red Hawks, until I left RH for LEGO. I was a squadhopper of some sort, but i wasn't in all DSB squads at all. There were times I had good moments in DSBL and DT's, but there moments I had bad experiences in Indi League (Prac League), I played a lot of DSB and in the end I had a negative KD in this Prac League (ladder), the reason for this was that I played too many matches vs stacked good player teams. In the end I wasn't that interested in (Indi) prac league.

Anyway there isn't much to say about DSB anymore from me. Sometimes after i quit DSB, after plenty of other SS friends had quit the game after years of playing together it left me thinking that I will would probably do the same thing asap and thats exactly what I did. Sometimes I wanted to play some other games on PSN with some old SS friends, however I haven't seen any of these old friends in years now and I don't know if they have a PS4 as I do these days, I play FPS games at PS4 and I tbh. enjoy playing any other game on PS4 than playing SS/Continuum more than ever. I dont want to hear trolling comments or anything as that after this post, but tbh. it would be cool to get to know some of you guys at PSN, if you're good too at any FPS games there as in Call of Duty games for example, then I would play those games with you for sure.

kemi, do you own any console? How about you Saiyan? Do you only have a PC or anything else aswell? And Makky, still playing games on Steam only or playing Starcraft or something else? Would be great to know more!! Leave me a reply here and I will read them and answer too.

Detector

Post by Detector »

On a sidenote I wanted to say that there were retarded players aswell as normal friendlier players in DSB, im happy its all forgotten now and we can all go forget that shitty past. I wont point any fingers to anyone, but im just saying this because I know.

kemi

Post by kemi »

I only have a PC and rarely play any games these days...

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

I’ve got a PS4 but use it more for Netflix than games. I never was very competitive in online games. I enjoyed the community more than the compitition. Hence why I don’t play FPS games, I tried a few back when they blew up in the early to mid 2000’s but it wasn’t my thing.

When I do play it’s mostly single player games or couch coop with my family. I have an 8 year old and we enjoy the Switch a lot. Many fun local coop games on that one, we take turns on Zelda too. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Detector

Post by Detector »

I think that PS4 > Xbox

I have never owned an Xbox btw. Only a PS and PC from before.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I don’t even own a pc anymore :/ it’s been more than 5 year’s with work laptop alone.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

I’ve got an old clunker desktop in an office just for printing. Another one as a torrent box. I’ve got a few laptops, two work (one is my wife’s) and one personal. A PS4, Nintendo Switch, technically still have a Wii U and PS3 hooked up but barely use them. A 3DS and Vita I hardly touch. A raspberry PI in a cute little NES case running Retro Pie. Hmmmm also a few iPhones and an Android Tablet. I’m not I including my retro game console collection. Not enough time to type. So ya, I’m a tech nerd. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Detector

Post by Detector »

I don’t even own a pc anymore :/ it’s been more than 5 year’s with work laptop alone.
I have the same thing, I don't own a PC anymore and i'm just fine with a 140 € laptop that can't run any high quality graphic games. If i want to play games i just turn on my PS4. I just asked a question here on another topic about registry keys that cannot be removed after uninstalling SS, it will be interesting if the registry keys thing can't be solved somehow because it would make SS files look badly made.

Ssseth

Post by Ssseth »

Dude. To blame some registry bullshit from a 20+ year old game is weak sauce. What do you expect.

Detector

Post by Detector »

I guess you’re right, its just a registry thing.